Supporting innovation for tourism development through multi-stakeholder approaches: Experiences from Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hjalager, Anne-Mette, 2010. "A review of innovation research in tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-12.
- Holzner, Mario, 2011.
"Tourism and economic development: The beach disease?,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 922-933.
- Mario Holzner, 2010. "Tourism and Economic Development: the Beach Disease?," wiiw Working Papers 66, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Jonathan Mitchell & Jojoh Faal, 2007. "Holiday package tourism and the poor in the Gambia," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 445-464.
- Higham, J.E.S. & Shelton, E.J., 2011. "Tourism and wildlife habituation: Reduced population fitness or cessation of impact?," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1290-1298.
- Bornhorst, Tom & Brent Ritchie, J.R. & Sheehan, Lorn, 2010. "Determinants of tourism success for DMOs & destinations: An empirical examination of stakeholders' perspectives," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 572-589.
- Beritelli, Pietro & Laesser, Christian, 2011. "Power dimensions and influence reputation in tourist destinations: Empirical evidence from a network of actors and stakeholders," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1299-1309.
- Caroline Ashley & Gareth Haysom, 2006. "From philanthropy to a different way of doing business: strategies and challenges in integrating pro-poor approaches into tourism business," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 265-280.
- Arnaboldi, Michela & Spiller, Nicola, 2011. "Actor-network theory and stakeholder collaboration: The case of Cultural Districts," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 641-654.
- Man, Thomas W. Y. & Lau, Theresa & Chan, K. F., 2002. "The competitiveness of small and medium enterprises: A conceptualization with focus on entrepreneurial competencies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 123-142, March.
- Christian Rogerson, 2005. "Unpacking tourism SMMEs in South Africa: structure, support needs and policy response," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 623-642.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Phillips, Paul & Moutinho, Luiz, 2014. "Critical review of strategic planning research in hospitality and tourism," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 96-120.
- Camisón, César & Forés, Beatriz, 2015. "Is tourism firm competitiveness driven by different internal or external specific factors?: New empirical evidence from Spain," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 477-499.
- Volgger, Michael & Pechlaner, Harald, 2014. "Requirements for destination management organizations in destination governance: Understanding DMO success," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 64-75.
- Klimek Katarzyna, 2019. "The Implementation of “The St. Gallen Model for Destination Management (SGDM)” in the Polish Carpathians: A Case Study of Six Bieszczady Communes," Turyzm / Tourism, Sciendo, vol. 29(2), pages 55-67, December.
- Anna Moretti & Michele Tamma, 2014. "Making cultural tourism networks work - the role of collective actors," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(4), pages 63-83.
- Lopes, Helder & Remoaldo, Paula & Ribeiro, Vitor & Ribeiro, José Cadima & Silva, Sara, 2016. "The Creation Of A New Tourist Destination In Low Density Areas: The Boticas Case," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, Cinturs - Research Centre for Tourism, Sustainability and Well-being, University of Algarve, vol. 4(2), pages 118-131.
- Todd, Louise & Leask, Anna & Ensor, John, 2017. "Understanding primary stakeholders' multiple roles in hallmark event tourism management," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 494-509.
- Romão, João, 2020. "Tourism, smart specialisation, growth, and resilience," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Thomas Lans & Wim Hulsink & Herman Baert & Martin Mulder, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship Education And Training In A Small Business Context: Insights From The Competence-Based Approach,"
Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(04), pages 363-383.
- Lans, T. & Hulsink, W. & Baert, H. & Mulder, M., 2008. "Entrepreneurship Education and Training in a Small Business Context: Insights from the Competence-based Approach," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-028-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Heira Georgina Valdez-Bocanegra & Gonzalo Maldonado-GuzmÃ¡n & Carmen CastrejÃ³n-Mata, 2020. "The Entrepreneurial Orientation and its Impact on Competitiveness and Growth: Empirical Evidence in the State of Aguascalientes in Mexico," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(3), pages 1-6.
- Nikeel Kumar & Ronald Ravinesh Kumar & Radika Kumar & Peter Josef Stauvermann, 2020. "Is the tourismâ€“growth relationship asymmetric in the Cook Islands? Evidence from NARDL cointegration and causality tests," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(4), pages 658-681, June.
- Thomas, Rhodri & Wood, Emma, 2015. "The absorptive capacity of tourism organisations," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 84-99.
- Farmaki, Anna & Altinay, Levent & Botterill, David & Hilke, Sarina, 2015. "Politics and sustainable tourism: The case of Cyprus," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 178-190.
- Coppola, A. & Ianuario, S. & Chinnici, G. & Di Vita, G. & Pappalardo, G. & D'Amico, D., 2018. "Endogenous and Exogenous Determinants of Agricultural Productivity: What Is the Most Relevant for the Competitiveness of the Italian Agricultural Systems?," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 10(2).
- Hummel, John & van der Duim, Rene, 2016. "SNV's modes of ordering: Organizing tourism as development practice," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 312-322.
- Piotr Kulyk & Agnieszka Brelik, 2019. "Tourist Competitiveness of Polish Rural Areas," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 379-387.
- Pilar Laguna-Sánchez & Pilar Abad & Concepción de la Fuente-Cabrero & Rocío Calero, 2020. "A University Training Programme for Acquiring Entrepreneurial and Transversal Employability Skills, a Students’ Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-17, January.
- Alexander Kalita & Alexander Chepurenko, 2020. "Competitiveness of Small and Medium Businesses and Competitive Pressure in the Manufacturing Industry," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 36-50.
- Khalid Hafeez & Pantea Foroudi & Keith Dinnie & Bang Nguyen & Sanjai K Parahoo, 2016. "The role of place branding and image in the development of sectoral clusters: The case of Dubai," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(4), pages 383-402, July.
- Mariani, Marcello M. & Giorgio, Luisa, 2017. "The “Pink Night” festival revisited: Meta-events and the role of destination partnerships in staging event tourism," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 89-109.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Knowledge transfer; Entrepreneurship; Tourism SMEs; LEDCs;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:35:y:2013:i:c:p:59-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.