Testing in generalized partially linear models: A robust approach
In this paper, we introduce a family of robust statistics which allow to decide between a parametric model and a semiparametric one. More precisely, under a generalized partially linear model, i.e., when the observations satisfy yi|(xi,ti)∼F(⋅,μi) with μi=H(η(ti)+xit β) and H a known link function, we want to test H0:η(t)=α+γt against H1:η is a nonlinear smooth function. A general approach which includes robust estimators based on a robustified deviance or a robustified quasi-likelihood is considered. The asymptotic behavior of the test statistic under the null hypothesis is obtained.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Rémillard, Bruno & Scaillet, Olivier, 2009.
"Testing for equality between two copulas,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 377-386, March.
- Wang, Lan & Qu, Annie, 2007. "Robust Tests in Regression Models With Omnibus Alternatives and Bounded Influence," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 347-358, March.
- Cantoni E. & Ronchetti E., 2001. "Robust Inference for Generalized Linear Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1022-1030, September.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Hong-Tu Zhu & Heping Zhang, 2004. "Hypothesis testing in mixture regression models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 3-16.
- Xuming He, 2002. "Estimation in a semiparametric model for longitudinal data with unspecified dependence structure," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 579-590, August.
- Boente, Graciela & Rodriguez, Daniela, 2010. "Robust inference in generalized partially linear models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 2942-2966, December.
- Ana Bianco & Graciela Boente & Elena Martínez, 2006. "Robust Tests in Semiparametric Partly Linear Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(3), pages 435-450.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:203-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.