Testing in generalized partially linear models: A robust approach
In this paper, we introduce a family of robust statistics which allow to decide between a parametric model and a semiparametric one. More precisely, under a generalized partially linear model, i.e., when the observations satisfy yi|(xi,ti)∼F(⋅,μi) with μi=H(η(ti)+xit β) and H a known link function, we want to test H0:η(t)=α+γt against H1:η is a nonlinear smooth function. A general approach which includes robust estimators based on a robustified deviance or a robustified quasi-likelihood is considered. The asymptotic behavior of the test statistic under the null hypothesis is obtained.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hong-Tu Zhu & Heping Zhang, 2004. "Hypothesis testing in mixture regression models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 3-16.
- Ana Bianco & Graciela Boente & Elena Martínez, 2006. "Robust Tests in Semiparametric Partly Linear Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(3), pages 435-450.
- Bruno Rémillard & Olivier Scaillet, 2006.
"Testing For Equality Between Two Copulas,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
07-24, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Cantoni E. & Ronchetti E., 2001. "Robust Inference for Generalized Linear Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1022-1030, September.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Boente, Graciela & Rodriguez, Daniela, 2010. "Robust inference in generalized partially linear models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 2942-2966, December.
- Wang, Lan & Qu, Annie, 2007. "Robust Tests in Regression Models With Omnibus Alternatives and Bounded Influence," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 347-358, March.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Xuming He, 2002. "Estimation in a semiparametric model for longitudinal data with unspecified dependence structure," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 579-590, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:203-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.