Testing unilateral versus bilateral normal contamination
This letter proposes modeling a large collection of test statistics, such as may arise in microarray data analysis, using a mixture of three normal distributions: one with mean zero, one with nonnegative mean, and one with nonpositive mean. A convenient procedure is established for testing whether this three-component mixture may be reduced to a two-component mixture with one nonzero component mean.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Li & J. Chen & P. Marriott, 2009. "Non-finite Fisher information and homogeneity: an EM approach," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(2), pages 411-426.
- Christopher Genovese & Larry Wasserman, 2002. "Operating characteristics and extensions of the false discovery rate procedure," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(3), pages 499-517.
- Hanfeng Chen & Jiahua Chen & John D. Kalbfleisch, 2001. "A modified likelihood ratio test for homogeneity in finite mixture models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(1), pages 19-29.
- Allison, David B. & Gadbury, Gary L. & Heo, Moonseong & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lee, Cheol-Koo & Prolla, Tomas A. & Weindruch, Richard, 2002. "A mixture model approach for the analysis of microarray gene expression data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Hongying Dai & Richard Charnigo, 2008. "Omnibus testing and gene filtration in microarray data analysis," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 31-47.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:163-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.