Some geometric mixed integer-valued autoregressive (INAR) models
In this paper, we introduce some mixed integer-valued autoregressive models of orders 1 and 2 with geometric marginal distributions, denoted by MGINAR(1) and MGINAR(2), using a mixture of the well-known binomial and the negative binomial thinning. The distributions of the innovation processes are derived and several properties of the model are discussed. Conditional least squares and Yule–Walker estimators are obtained, and some numerical results of the estimations are presented. A real-life data example is investigated to assess the performance of the models.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Alzaid & M. Al-Osh, 1993. "Some autoregressive moving average processes with generalized Poisson marginal distributions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 223-232, June.
- Haitao Zheng & Ishwar V. Basawa & Somnath Datta, 2006. "Inference for pth-order random coefficient integer-valued autoregressive processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 411-440, 05.
- Weiß, Christian H., 2008. "The combined INAR(p) models for time series of counts," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1817-1822, September.
- Rong Zhu & Harry Joe, 2006. "Modelling Count Data Time Series with Markov Processes Based on Binomial Thinning," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 725-738, 09.
- Christian Weiß, 2008. "Thinning operations for modeling time series of counts—a survey," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 319-341, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:4:p:805-811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.