Some new results on unimodality of generalized order statistics and their spacings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Erhard Cramer & Udo Kamps, 2003. "Marginal distributions of sequential and generalized order statistics," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 293-310, December.
- Cramer, Erhard, 2004. "Logconcavity and unimodality of progressively censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 83-90, June.
- Aliev, Fazil Alioglu, 2003. "A comment on 'Unimodality of the distribution of record statistics'," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 39-40, August.
- Erhard Cramer & Udo Kamps & Tomasz Rychlik, 2004. "Unimodality of uniform generalized order statistics, with applications to mean bounds," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 56(1), pages 183-192, March.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998.
"Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Working Papers 95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Huaihou & Xie, Hongmei & Hu, Taizhong, 2009. "Log-concavity of generalized order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 396-399, February.
- Basak, Prasanta & Basak, Indrani, 2002. "Unimodality of the distribution of record statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 395-398, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsOrder statistics Record values Progressively censored order statistics Convexity Logconcavity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:81:y:2011:i:11:p:1677-1682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.