Log-concavity of generalized order statistics
Generalized order statistics have been introduced as a unification of several models of random variables arranged in ascending order of magnitude with different interpretations and statistical applications. The purpose of this note is to investigate conditions on the underlying distribution function and on the parameters under which the generalized order statistics and their spacings have log-concave joint densities, respectively. Several well-known results in the literature are complemented and strengthened.
Volume (Year): 79 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cramer, Erhard, 2004. "Logconcavity and unimodality of progressively censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 83-90, June.
- Bagnoli, M. & Bergstrom, T., 1989.
"Log-Concave Probability And Its Applications,"
89-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Papadatos, N., 2002. "The use of spacings in the estimation of a scale parameter," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 193-204, April.
- N. Balakrishnan, 2007. "Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST- An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(2), pages 211-259, August.
- N. Balakrishnan, 2007. "Rejoinder on: Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST- An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(2), pages 290-296, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:79:y:2009:i:3:p:396-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.