Log-concavity of generalized order statistics
Generalized order statistics have been introduced as a unification of several models of random variables arranged in ascending order of magnitude with different interpretations and statistical applications. The purpose of this note is to investigate conditions on the underlying distribution function and on the parameters under which the generalized order statistics and their spacings have log-concave joint densities, respectively. Several well-known results in the literature are complemented and strengthened.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 79 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cramer, Erhard, 2004. "Logconcavity and unimodality of progressively censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 83-90, June.
- Bagnoli, M. & Bergstrom, T., 1989.
"Log-Concave Probability And Its Applications,"
89-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Papadatos, N., 2002. "The use of spacings in the estimation of a scale parameter," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 193-204, April.
- N. Balakrishnan, 2007. "Rejoinder on: Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 290-296, August.
- N. Balakrishnan, 2007. "Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 211-259, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:79:y:2009:i:3:p:396-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.