Characterization of hazard function factorization by Fisher information in minima and upper record values
The hazard function is an important characteristic for the analysis of reliability data. It is therefore of interest to see under what conditions it can be expressed as the product of a function of the variable and a function of the parameter. We show that such a factorization can be characterized by the property of Fisher information in minima and upper record values. We present similar results for the reversed hazard rate by the property of Fisher information in maxima and lower record values. These properties imply the characterization of two classes of exponential families.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stepanov, A. V. & Balakrishnan, N. & Hofmann, Glenn, 2003. "Exact distribution and Fisher information of weak record values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 69-81, August.
- Gertsbakh, Ilya & Kagan, Abram, 1999. "Characterization of the Weibull distribution by properties of the Fisher information under type-I censoring," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 99-105, March.
- Z. Abo-Eleneen & H. Nagaraja, 2002. "Fisher Information in an Order Statistic and its Concomitant," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 54(3), pages 667-680, September.
- Zheng, Gang, 2001. "A characterization of the factorization of hazard function by the Fisher information under Type II censoring with application to the Weibull family," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 249-253, April.
- Glenn Hofmann, 2004. "Comparing the Fisher information in record data and random observations," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 517-528, October.
- Zheng, Gang & Gastwirth, Joseph L., 2001. "On the Fisher information in randomly censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 421-426, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:72:y:2005:i:1:p:51-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.