Representing filtration consistent nonlinear expectations as g-expectations in general probability spaces
We consider filtration consistent nonlinear expectations in probability spaces satisfying only the usual conditions and separability. Under a domination assumption, we demonstrate that these nonlinear expectations can be expressed as the solutions to Backward Stochastic Differential Equations with Lipschitz continuous drivers, where both the martingale and the driver terms are permitted to jump, and the martingale representation is infinite dimensional. To establish this result, we show that this domination condition is sufficient to guarantee that the comparison theorem for BSDEs will hold, and we generalise the nonlinear Doob–Meyer decomposition of Peng to a general context.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bion-Nadal, Jocelyne, 2009. "Time consistent dynamic risk processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 633-654, February.
- Jocelyne Bion-Nadal, 2008. "Dynamic risk measures: Time consistency and risk measures from BMO martingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 219-244, April.
- Freddy Delbaen & Shige Peng & Emanuela Rosazza Gianin, 2010. "Representation of the penalty term of dynamic concave utilities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 449-472, September.
- Royer, Manuela, 2006. "Backward stochastic differential equations with jumps and related non-linear expectations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(10), pages 1358-1376, October.
- Cohen, Samuel N. & Elliott, Robert J., 2010. "A general theory of finite state Backward Stochastic Difference Equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(4), pages 442-466, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:122:y:2012:i:4:p:1601-1626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.