Optimal static-dynamic hedges for exotic options under convex risk measures
We study the problem of optimally hedging exotic derivatives positions using a combination of dynamic trading strategies in underlying stocks and static positions in vanilla options when the performance is quantified by a convex risk measure. We establish conditions for the existence of an optimal static position for general convex risk measures, and then analyze in detail the case of shortfall risk with a power loss function. Here we find conditions for uniqueness of the static hedge. We illustrate the computational challenge of computing the market-adjusted risk measure in a simple diffusion model for an option on a non-traded asset.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 119 (2009)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Birgit Rudloff, 2007. "Convex Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 437-452.
- Aytaç Ílhan & Mattias Jonsson & Ronnie Sircar, 2005. "Optimal investment with derivative securities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 585-595, October.
- David Hobson, 2004. "STOCHASTIC VOLATILITY MODELS, CORRELATION, AND THE "q"-OPTIMAL MEASURE," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 537-556.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1531 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 2000. "Efficient hedging: Cost versus shortfall risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 117-146.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Jaksa Cvitanic, 1999. "On dynamic measures of risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 451-482.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Aytaç İlhan & Ronnie Sircar, 2006. "Optimal Static-Dynamic Hedges For Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 359-385.
- Mattias Jonsson & K. Ronnie Sircar, 2002. "Partial Hedging In A Stochastic Volatility Environment," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 375-409.
- Freddy Delbaen & Peter Grandits & Thorsten Rheinländer & Dominick Samperi & Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "Exponential Hedging and Entropic Penalties," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 99-123.
- Marek Musiela & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 2004. "An example of indifference prices under exponential preferences," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 229-239, 05.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- B. Bouchard & N. Touzi & A. Zeghal, 2004. "Dual formulation of the utility maximization problem: the case of nonsmooth utility," Papers math/0405290, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:119:y:2009:i:10:p:3608-3632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.