Comparison of insiders' optimal strategies depending on the type of side-information
In this paper, we consider a complete continuous-time financial market with discontinuous prices and different types of side-information (initial or progressive strong information, weak information). The agents strive to maximize the expectation of the logarithm of their terminal wealth. Our purpose is to explicit and to simulate the optimal strategy of the insiders in some examples of side-information. We compare those optimal strategies, depending on the type of side-information.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 115 (2005)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-286, July.
- Caroline Hillairet, 2005. "Existence Of An Equilibrium With Discontinuous Prices, Asymmetric Information, And Nontrivial Initial Σ-Fields," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 99-117.
- Amendinger, Jürgen, 2000. "Martingale representation theorems for initially enlarged filtrations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 101-116, September.
- Robert J. Elliott & Monique Jeanblanc, 1999. "Incomplete markets with jumps and informed agents," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 50(3), pages 475-492, December.
- José Corcuera & Peter Imkeller & Arturo Kohatsu-Higa & David Nualart, 2004. "Additional utility of insiders with imperfect dynamical information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 437-450, 08.
- repec:spr:compst:v:50:y:1999:i:3:p:475-492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:115:y:2005:i:10:p:1603-1627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.