Gender relations, prostate cancer and diet: Re-inscribing hetero-normative food practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Courtenay, Will H., 2000. "Constructions of masculinity and their influence on men's well-being: a theory of gender and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(10), pages 1385-1401, May.
- Schafer, Robert B. & Schafer, Elisabeth & Dunbar, Martin & Keith, Patricia M., 1999. "Marital food interaction and dietary behavior," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 787-796, March.
- Lohan, Maria, 2007. "How might we understand men's health better? Integrating explanations from critical studies on men and inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 493-504, August.
- Oliffe, John, 2005. "Constructions of masculinity following prostatectomy-induced impotence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 2249-2259, May.
- Bottorff, Joan L. & Oliffe, John L. & Halpin, Michael & Phillips, Melanie & McLean, Graham & Mroz, Lawrence, 2008. "Women and prostate cancer support groups: The gender connect?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 1217-1227, March.
- Roos, Eva & Lahelma, Eero & Virtanen, Mikko & Prättälä, Ritva & Pietinen, Pirjo, 1998. "Gender, socioeconomic status and family status as determinants of food behaviour," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(12), pages 1519-1529, June.
- Gough, Brendan & Conner, Mark T., 2006. "Barriers to healthy eating amongst men: A qualitative analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 387-395, January.
- Gough, Brendan, 2006. "Try to be healthy, but don't forgo your masculinity: Deconstructing men's health discourse in the media," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(9), pages 2476-2488, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada Prostate cancer Diet Masculinity Gender relations Femininity Food Men's health;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:9:p:1499-1506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.