Challenges to microbicide introduction in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mantell, Joanne E. & Myer, Landon & Carballo-Diéguez, Alex & Stein, Zena & Ramjee, Gita & Morar, Neetha S. & Harrison, Polly F., 2005. "Microbicide acceptability research: current approaches and future directions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 319-330, January.
- Kaler, Amy, 2001. ""It's some kind of women's empowerment": the ambiguity of the female condom as a marker of female empowerment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 783-796, March.
- Jewkes, Rachel & Abrahams, Naeema, 2002. "The epidemiology of rape and sexual coercion in South Africa: an overview," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 1231-1244, October.
- Civic, Diane & Wilson, David, 1996. "Dry sex in Zimbabwe and implications for condom use," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 91-98, January.
- Jewkes, Rachel K. & Levin, Jonathan B. & Penn-Kekana, Loveday A., 2003. "Gender inequalities, intimate partner violence and HIV preventive practices: findings of a South African cross-sectional study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-134, January.
- Heise, Lori L. & Elias, Christopher, 1995. "Transforming AIDS prevention to meet women's needs: A focus on developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 931-943, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stadler, Jonathan J. & Delany, Sinead & Mntambo, Mdu, 2008. "Women's perceptions and experiences of HIV prevention trials in Soweto, South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 189-200, January.
- Stadler, Jonathan & Delany-Moretlwe, Sinead & Palanee, Thesla & Rees, Helen, 2014. "Hidden harms: Women's narratives of intimate partner violence in a microbicide trial, South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 49-55.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Africa Microbicides HIV/AIDS prevention Female-initiated/controlled method Gender;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:63:y:2006:i:4:p:968-978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.