Men, sport, spinal cord injury, and narratives of hope
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Munakata, Tseunetsugu & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Mattingly, Cheryl & Good, Byron J., 1994. "Oncology and narrative time," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 855-862, March.
- Little, Miles & Sayers, Emma-Jane, 2004. "While there's life ...: hope and the experience of cancer," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 1329-1337, September.
- Crossley, Michele L., 2003. "'Let me explain': narrative emplotment and one patient's experience of oral cancer," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 439-448, February.
- Ezzy, Douglas, 2000. "Illness narratives: time, hope and HIV," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 605-617, March.
- Nekolaichuk, Cheryl L. & Jevne, Ronna F. & Maguire, Thomas O., 1999. "Structuring the meaning of hope in health and illness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 591-605, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rhodes, Tim & Bernays, Sarah & Terzic, Katarina Jankovic, 2009. "Medical promise and the recalibration of expectation: Hope and HIV treatment engagement in a transitional setting," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1050-1059, March.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:198:y:2018:i:c:p:53-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beard, Renée L. & Fox, Patrick J., 2008. "Resisting social disenfranchisement: Negotiating collective identities and everyday life with memory loss," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1509-1520, April.
More about this item
KeywordsSpinal cord injury Sport Narrative Hope Disability United Kingdom;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:61:y:2005:i:5:p:1095-1105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.