Childhood conditions, sense of coherence, social class and adult ill health: Exploring their theoretical and empirical relations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konttinen, Hanna & Haukkala, Ari & Uutela, Antti, 2008. "Comparing sense of coherence, depressive symptoms and anxiety, and their relationships with health in a population-based study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2401-2412, June.
- Gibb, Sheree J. & Fergusson, David M. & Horwood, L. John, 2012. "Childhood family income and life outcomes in adulthood: Findings from a 30-year longitudinal study in New Zealand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(12), pages 1979-1986.
- Lundin, Andreas & Hemmingsson, Tomas, 2013. "Adolescent predictors of unemployment and disability pension across the life course – a longitudinal study of selection in 49 321 Swedish men," Working Paper Series 2013:25, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Joanna Mazur & Agnieszka Malkowska-Szkutnik & Izabela Tabak, 2014. "Changes in family socio-economic status as predictors of self-efficacy in 13-year-old Polish adolescents," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 59(1), pages 107-115, February.
- Tiikkaja, Sanna & Hemström, Örjan & Vågerö, Denny, 2009. "Intergenerational class mobility and cardiovascular mortality among Swedish women: A population-based register study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 733-739, February.
- Sarah Gibney & Mark E. McGovern & Erika Sabbath, 2013. "Social Relationships in Later Life: The Role of Childhood Circumstances," Working Papers 201319, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Janet Currie, 2009.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise: Socioeconomic Status, Poor Health in Childhood, and Human Capital Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 87-122, March.
- Janet Currie, 2008. "Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise: Socioeconomic Status, Poor Health in Childhood, and Human Capital Development," NBER Working Papers 13987, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Akee & Emilia Simeonova & E. Jane Costello & William Copeland, 2015. "How Does Household Income Affect Child Personality Traits and Behaviors?," NBER Working Papers 21562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordschildhood conditions sense of coherence social class health inequalities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:44:y:1997:i:6:p:821-831. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .