Community-based health workers: Head start or false start towards health for all?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mitsunaga, Tisha & Hedt-Gauthier, Bethany & Ngizwenayo, Elias & Farmer, Didi Bertrand & Karamaga, Adolphe & Drobac, Peter & Basinga, Paulin & Hirschhorn, Lisa & Ngabo, Fidele & Mugeni, Cathy, 2013. "Utilizing community health worker data for program management and evaluation: Systems for data quality assessments and baseline results from Rwanda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 87-92.
- Riviere-Cinnamond, Ana, 2004. "A Public Choice Approach to the Economic Analysis of Animal Healthcare Systems," PPLPI Working Papers 23786, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative.
- Berman, Peter, 1995. "Health sector reform: making health development sustainable," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 13-28.
- Kim, Younoh & Radoias, Vlad, 2016. "Education, individual time preferences, and asymptomatic disease detection," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 15-22.
- Thomas Porter & Jane Chuma & Catherine Molyneux, 2009. "Barriers to managing chronic illness among urban households in coastal Kenya," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 271-290.
- Kash, Bita Arbab & May, Marlynn Lee & Tai-Seale, Ming, 2007. "Community health worker training and certification programs in the United States: Findings from a national survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 32-42, January.
- Standing, H. & Chowdhury, A. Mushtaque R., 2008. "Producing effective knowledge agents in a pluralistic environment: What future for community health workers?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2096-2107, May.
- Druetz, Thomas & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Haddad, Slim & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry, 2015. "Do community health workers perceive mechanisms associated with the success of community case management of malaria? A qualitative study from Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 232-240.
- Stekelenburg, Jelle & Kyanamina, Sindele Simasiku & Wolffers, Ivan, 2003. "Poor performance of community health workers in Kalabo District, Zambia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 109-118, August.
- Riviere-Cinnamond, Ana, 2005. "Animal Health Policy and Practice: Scaling-up Community-based Animal Health Systems, Lessons from Human Health," PPLPI Working Papers 23775, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative.
- Naydene de Lange & Claudia Mitchell, 2012. "Community Health Workers Working the Digital Archive: A Case for Looking at Participatory Archiving in Studying Stigma in the Context of HIV and AIDS," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 17(1), pages 1-7.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity-based health workers cost-effectiveness primary health care health manpower program evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:25:y:1987:i:5:p:443-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.