On the assignment of students to topics: A Variable Neighborhood Search approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saber, Hussein M. & Ghosh, Jay B., 2001. "Assigning students to academic majors," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 513-523, December.
- Partovi, Fariborz Y. & Arinze, Bay, 1995. "A knowledge based approach to the faculty-course assignment problem," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 245-256, September.
- Hultberg, Tim H. & Cardoso, Domingos M., 1997. "The teacher assignment problem: A special case of the fixed charge transportation problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 463-473, September.
- Al-Yakoob, Salem M. & Sherali, Hanif D., 2006. "Mathematical programming models and algorithms for a class-faculty assignment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 173(2), pages 488-507, September.
- McClure, Richard H. & Wells, Charles E., 1987. "Modeling multiple criteria in the faculty assignment problem," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 389-394.
- Yang, Chin W. & Pineno, Charles J., 1989. "An improved approach to solution of the faculty assignment problem," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 169-177.
- James S. Dyer & John M. Mulvey, 1976. "An Integrated Optimization/Information System for Academic Departmental Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(12), pages 1332-1341, August.
- Ozdemir, Mujgan S. & Gasimov, Rafail N., 2004. "The analytic hierarchy process and multiobjective 0-1 faculty course assignment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 398-408, September.
More about this item
KeywordsLecturer-student assignment problem Variable Neighborhood Search Multi-objective optimization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:44:y:2010:i:1:p:25-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.