Contracting regimes for bus services: What have we learnt after 20 years?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hensher & Anne Yvrande‐Billon & Rosário Macário & John Preston & Peter White & Bill Tyson & D. M. Van de Velde & Bert van Wee & Joaquim JosÃ© Guilherme de Aragão & Enilson Medeiros dos Santos, 2007. "Delivering Value for Money to Government through Efficient and Effective Public Transit Service Continuity: Some Thoughts," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4), pages 411-448, July.
- Hensher, David A., 2010. "Incompleteness and clarity in bus contracts: Identifying the nature of the ex ante and ex post perceptual divide," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 106-117.
- David A. Hensher & Ian P. Wallis, 2005. "Competitive Tendering as a Contracting Mechanism for Subsidising Transport: The Bus Experience," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 39(3), pages 295-322, September.
- Hensher, David A. & Stanley, John, 2008. "Transacting under a performance-based contract: The role of negotiation and competitive tendering," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1143-1151, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ida, Yoram & Talit, Gal, 2015. "Regulation of public bus services: The Israeli experience," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 156-165.
- Andrea ZATTI, 2012.
"New Organizational Models In European Local Public Transport: From Myth To Reality,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(4), pages 533-559, December.
- Andrea ZATTI, 2011. "New organizational models in European Local Public Transport: from Myth to Reality," CIRIEC Working Papers 1106, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Bouf, Dominique & Faivre d’Arcier, Bruno, 2015. "The looming crisis in French public transit," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 34-41.
- Mokonyama, Mathetha & Venter, Christoffel, 2013. "Incorporation of customer satisfaction in public transport contracts – A preliminary analysis," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 58-66.
- Epstein, Bryan & Givoni, Moshe, 2016. "Analyzing the gap between the QOS demanded by PT users and QOS supplied by service operators," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 622-637.
- Tiznado, Ignacio & Galilea, Patricia & Delgado, Felipe & Niehaus, Markus, 2014. "Incentive schemes for bus drivers: The case of the public transit system in Santiago, Chile," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 77-83.
- Filippini, M. & Koller, M. & Masiero, G., 2015.
"Competitive tendering versus performance-based negotiation in Swiss public transport,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 158-168.
- Massimo Filippini & Martin Koller & Giuliano Masiero, 2015. "Competitive tendering versus performance-based negotiation in Swiss public transport," IdEP Economic Papers 1504, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Andrea ZATTI, 2011. "Organizational models in European local public transport: is the new paradigm really dominant," Departmental Working Papers 2011-29, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Huanming WANG & Mildred E. WARNER & Yuanhong TIAN & Dajian ZHU, 2014. "Public Owner With Business Delivery Mode In China: Case Study Of The Shanghai Public Bus System," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(1), pages 147-164, March.
- Mathisen, Terje Andreas, 2016. "Competitive tendering and cross-shareholding in public passenger transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 45-48.
- Hensher, David A. & Ho, Chinh & Mulley, Corinne, 2016. "Disruption costs in bus contract transitions," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 75-85.
- Pedro, Marisa J.G. & Macário, Rosário, 2016. "A review of general practice in contracting public transport services and transfer to BRT systems," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 94-106.
- Schaaffkamp, Christoph, 2014. "How can customer focus be strengthened in competitive tendering?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 305-314.
- Wegelin, Philipp & von Arx, Widar, 2016. "The impact of alternative governance forms of regional public rail transport on transaction costs. Case evidence from Germany and Switzerland," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 133-142.
- Nayan, Ashish & Wang, David Z.W., 2017. "Optimal bus transit route packaging in a privatized contracting regime," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 146-157.
More about this item
KeywordsBus contracts Trusting partnerships Margins Tendering Negotiation Performance based contracts Asset ownership;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:29:y:2010:i:1:p:140-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.