On evaluating and extending the target zone proposal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cushman, David O., 1983. "The effects of real exchange rate risk on international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 45-63, August.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1973. "Currency Depreciation, Hoarding, and Relative Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 893-915, July-Aug..
- Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1984. "Applied General-Equilibrium Models of Taxation and International Trade: An Introduction and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1007-1051, September.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981.
"An Exploration in the Theory of Exchange-Rate Regimes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 865-890, October.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981. "An Exploration in the Theory of Exchange-Rate Regimes," Scholarly Articles 3445091, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-1176, December.
- Frenkel, Jacob A. & Aizenman, Joshua, 1982.
"Aspects of the optimal management of exchange rates,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3-4), pages 231-256, November.
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Joshua Aizenman, 1981. "Aspects of the Optimal Management of Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 0748, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enders, Walter & Lapan, Harvey E., 1979. "Stability, Random Disturbances, and the Exchange Rate Regime," ISU General Staff Papers 197907010700001067, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth S. Chan, 1982. "Rational Expectations and the Optimal Foreign Exchange Regimes," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(1), pages 164-174, February.
- Bewley, R A, 1982. "On the Functional Form of Engel Curves: The Australian Household Expenditure Survey, 1975-76," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(160), pages 82-91, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Horváth, Roman, 2008.
"Volatility of exchange rates in selected new EU members: Evidence from daily data,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 103-118, March.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Roman HorvÃ¡th, 2007. "Volatility of Exchange Rates in Selected New EU Members: Evidence from Daily Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 2107, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2005. "The case for foreign exchange intervention: the government as an active reserve manager," Working Papers 2004-031, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Pilbeam, Keith, 2001. "The profitability of central bank foreign exchange market intervention," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 523-530, July.
- Michael Artis, 1993. "The Role of the Exchange Rate in Monetary Policy - the Experience of Other Countries," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Adrian Blundell-Wignall (ed.), The Exchange Rate, International Trade and the Balance of Payments Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Marcus H. Miller & John Williamson, 1991.
"The International Monetary System: An Analysis of Alternative Regimes,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 279-302
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miller, Marcus H. & Williamson, John, 1988. "The international monetary system : An analysis of alternative regimes," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1031-1048, June.
- Miller, Marcus & Williamson, John, 1988. "The International Monetary System: An Analysis of Alternative Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 266, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- A.J. Hallet, 1998. "When Do Target Zones Work? An Examination of Exchange Rate Targeting as a Device for Coordinating Economic Policies," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 115-138, April.
- Miller, M. & Weller, P. & Williamson, J., 1989. "The Stabilizing Properties Of Target Zones," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 318, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Morris Goldstein & Paul R. Masson, 2017.
"The Rationale for, and Effects of, International Economic Policy Coordination,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TRADE CURRENCIES AND FINANCE, chapter 7, pages 241-298
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jacob Frenkel & Morris Goldstein & Paul Masson, 1990. "The Rationale for, and Effects of, International Economic Policy Coordination," NBER Chapters,in: International Policy Coordination and Exchange Rate Fluctuations, pages 9-62 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Carr & Zura Kakushadze, 2015. "FX Options in Target Zone," Papers 1512.01527, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2016.
- Christodoulakis, Nicos & Garratt, Anthony & Currie, David, 1996. "Target zones and alternative proposals for G3 policy coordination: An empirical evaluation using GEM," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 49-68.
- Patrizio Tirelli, 1991. "Target zones and wealth effects: Current account implications of alternative policy assignments," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 65-82, February.
- Andrew Hughes-Hallett & Patrick Minford, 1990. "Target zones and exchange rate management: A stability analysis of the European Monetary System," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 175-200, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:9:y:1987:i:1:p:199-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.