Stein's phenomenon in estimation of means restricted to a polyhedral convex cone
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karlin, Samuel & Rinott, Yosef, 1980. "Classes of orderings of measures and related correlation inequalities II. Multivariate reverse rule distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 499-516, December.
- Hartigan, J. A., 2004. "Uniform priors on convex sets improve risk," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 285-288, May.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa, 2004. "Minimaxity in Estimation of Restricted Parameters," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-270, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Karlin, Samuel & Rinott, Yosef, 1980. "Classes of orderings of measures and related correlation inequalities. I. Multivariate totally positive distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 467-498, December.
- Berry, J. Calvin, 1990. "Minimax estimation of a bounded normal mean vector," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 130-139, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa & William E. Strawderman, 2011. "A Unified Approach to Non-minimaxity of Sets of Linear Combinations of Restricted Location Estimators," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-786, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa & William E. Strawderman, 2010. "Non-minimaxity of Linear Combinations of Restricted Location Estimators and Related Problems," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-749, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Hisayuki Tsukuma, 2012. "Simultaneous estimation of restricted location parameters based on permutation and sign-change," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 915-934, November.
- Tatsuya Kubokawa, 2010. "Minimax Estimation of Linear Combinations of Restricted Location Parameters," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-723, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
More about this item
KeywordsAdmissibility Decision theory Generalized Bayes estimator Inadmissibility James-Stein estimator Minimaxity Polyhedral convex cone Restricted parameters Shrinkage estimation Simple order restriction Simultaneous estimation Tree order restriction Umbrella order restriction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:99:y:2008:i:1:p:141-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.