Testing goodness of fit for the distribution of errors in multivariate linear models
In this paper, to test goodness of fit to any fixed distribution of errors in multivariate linear models, we consider a weighted integral of the squared modulus of the difference between the empirical characteristic function of the residuals and the characteristic function under the null hypothesis. We study the limiting behaviour of this test statistic under the null hypothesis and under alternatives. In the asymptotics, the rank of the design matrix is allowed to grow with the sample size.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 95 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fan, Yanqin, 1998. "Goodness-Of-Fit Tests Based On Kernel Density Estimators With Fixed Smoothing Parameters," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(05), pages 604-621, October.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Fan, Yanqin, 1994. "Testing the Goodness of Fit of a Parametric Density Function by Kernel Method," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 316-356, June.
- Welsh, A. H., 1984. "A note on scale estimates based on the empirical characteristic function and their application to test for normality," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 345-348, December.
- L. Baringhaus & N. Henze, 1988. "A consistent test for multivariate normality based on the empirical characteristic function," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 339-348, December.
- Jushan Bai, 2003. "Testing Parametric Conditional Distributions of Dynamic Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 531-549, August.
- Epps, T. W., 1999. "Limiting behavior of the ICF test for normality under Gram-Charlier alternatives," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 175-184, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:95:y:2005:i:2:p:301-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.