A new test for multivariate normality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thas, O. & Ottoy, J. P., 2003. "Some generalizations of the Anderson-Darling statistic," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 255-261, September.
- L. Baringhaus & N. Henze, 1988. "A consistent test for multivariate normality based on the empirical characteristic function," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 339-348, December.
- Henze, Norbert & Wagner, Thorsten, 1997. "A New Approach to the BHEP Tests for Multivariate Normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 1-23, July.
- Romeu, J. L. & Ozturk, A., 1993. "A Comparative Study of Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Multivariate Normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 309-334, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jun Li & Yao Yu, 2015. "A Nonparametric Test of Missing Completely at Random for Incomplete Multivariate Data," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 707-726, September.
- Ebner, Bruno, 2012. "Asymptotic theory for the test for multivariate normality by Cox and Small," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 368-379.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2012.
"The distribution of household consumption-expenditure budget shares,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 69-91.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2009. "The distribution of households consumption-expenditure budget shares," Working Paper Series 1061, European Central Bank.
- Jörg-Peter Schräpler, 2011. "Konstruktion von SGB II – Dichten als Raumindikator und ihre Verwendung als Indikator im Rahmen der Sozialberichterstattung am Beispiel der „sozialen Belastung“ von Schulstandorten in NRW – ein Kerndi," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 5(2), pages 97-124, August.
- Sandeep R. Chandukala & Jeffrey P. Dotson & Jeff D. Brazell & Greg M. Allenby, 2011. "Bayesian Analysis of Hierarchical Effects," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 123-133, 01-02.
- Panagiotelis, Anastasios & Smith, Michael, 2008. "Bayesian density forecasting of intraday electricity prices using multivariate skew t distributions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 710-727.
- Ravi Kashyap, 2016. "Combining Dimension Reduction, Distance Measures and Covariance," Papers 1603.09060, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2017.
- Meintanis, Simos G. & Ngatchou-Wandji, Joseph & Taufer, Emanuele, 2015. "Goodness-of-fit tests for multivariate stable distributions based on the empirical characteristic function," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 171-192.
- Cuesta-Albertos, J.A. & del Barrio, E. & Fraiman, R. & Matran, C., 2007. "The random projection method in goodness of fit for functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4814-4831, June.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko, 2005.
"Nonparametric Tests for Serial Independence Based on Quadratic Forms,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
05-076/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Diks, C.G.H. & Panchenko, V., 2005. "Nonparametric Tests for Serial Independence Based on Quadratic Forms," CeNDEF Working Papers 05-13, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Huang, Yufen & Kao, Tzu-Ling & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2007. "Influence functions and local influence in linear discriminant analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 3844-3861, May.
- Simos G. Meintanis & James Allison & Leonard Santana, 2016. "Goodness-of-fit tests for semiparametric and parametric hypotheses based on the probability weighted empirical characteristic function," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 57(4), pages 957-976, December.
- Patra, Rohit K. & Sen, Bodhisattva & Székely, Gábor J., 2016. "On a nonparametric notion of residual and its applications," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 208-213.
- Rizzo, Maria L. & Haman, John T., 2016. "Expected distances and goodness-of-fit for the asymmetric Laplace distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 158-164.
- Tenreiro, Carlos, 2011. "An affine invariant multiple test procedure for assessing multivariate normality," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 1980-1992, May.
- Araújo, Tanya & Dias, João & Eleutério, Samuel & Louçã, Francisco, 2013. "A measure of multivariate kurtosis for the identification of the dynamics of a N-dimensional market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(17), pages 3708-3714.
- Dutta, Subhajit & Genton, Marc G., 2014. "A non-Gaussian multivariate distribution with all lower-dimensional Gaussians and related families," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 82-93.
More about this item
KeywordsGoodness-of-fit Strictly negative definite BHEP test Henze-Zirkler test Multivariate skewness Multivariate kurtosis Projection pursuit;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:93:y:2005:i:1:p:58-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.