On a resampling approach for tests on the number of clusters with mixture model-based clustering of tissue samples
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McLachlan, G. J. & Peel, D. & Bean, R. W., 2003. "Modelling high-dimensional data by mixtures of factor analyzers," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 379-388, January.
- Allison, David B. & Gadbury, Gary L. & Heo, Moonseong & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lee, Cheol-Koo & Prolla, Tomas A. & Weindruch, Richard, 2002. "A mixture model approach for the analysis of microarray gene expression data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- Huber Wolfgang & von Heydebreck Anja & Sueltmann Holger & Poustka Annemarie & Vingron Martin, 2003. "Parameter estimation for the calibration and variance stabilization of microarray data," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Coleman, Dan & Dong, Xioapeng & Hardin, Johanna & Rocke, David M. & Woodruff, David L., 1999. "Some computational issues in cluster analysis with no a priori metric," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-11, July.
- J. Hartigan, 1985. "Statistical theory in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 63-76, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Polymenis, Athanase, 2014. "A combined likelihood ratio/information ratio bootstrap technique for estimating the number of components in finite mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 107-115.
- Mark Chiang & Boris Mirkin, 2010. "Intelligent Choice of the Number of Clusters in K-Means Clustering: An Experimental Study with Different Cluster Spreads," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 27(1), pages 3-40, March.
- Wong, Tony Siu Tung & Li, Wai Keung, 2014. "Test for homogeneity in gamma mixture models using likelihood ratio," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 127-137.
More about this item
KeywordsMicroarray gene expression data Mixture models Clustering of tissue samples Tests on number of clusters Likelihood ratio statistic Resampling approach;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:90:y:2004:i:1:p:90-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .