On a resampling approach for tests on the number of clusters with mixture model-based clustering of tissue samples
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McLachlan, G. J. & Peel, D. & Bean, R. W., 2003. "Modelling high-dimensional data by mixtures of factor analyzers," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 379-388, January.
- Allison, David B. & Gadbury, Gary L. & Heo, Moonseong & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lee, Cheol-Koo & Prolla, Tomas A. & Weindruch, Richard, 2002. "A mixture model approach for the analysis of microarray gene expression data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- Huber Wolfgang & von Heydebreck Anja & Sueltmann Holger & Poustka Annemarie & Vingron Martin, 2003. "Parameter estimation for the calibration and variance stabilization of microarray data," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Coleman, Dan & Dong, Xioapeng & Hardin, Johanna & Rocke, David M. & Woodruff, David L., 1999. "Some computational issues in cluster analysis with no a priori metric," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-11, July.
- J. Hartigan, 1985. "Statistical theory in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 63-76, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Polymenis, Athanase, 2014. "A combined likelihood ratio/information ratio bootstrap technique for estimating the number of components in finite mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 107-115.
- Mark Chiang & Boris Mirkin, 2010. "Intelligent Choice of the Number of Clusters in K-Means Clustering: An Experimental Study with Different Cluster Spreads," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 27(1), pages 3-40, March.
- Wong, Tony Siu Tung & Li, Wai Keung, 2014. "Test for homogeneity in gamma mixture models using likelihood ratio," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 127-137.
More about this item
KeywordsMicroarray gene expression data Mixture models Clustering of tissue samples Tests on number of clusters Likelihood ratio statistic Resampling approach;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:90:y:2004:i:1:p:90-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.