Principal points of a multivariate mixture distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thaddeus Tarpey, 1997. "Estimating principal points of univariate distributions," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 499-512.
- Tarpey, Thaddeus, 1994. "Two principal points of symmetric, strongly unimodal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 253-257, July.
- Tarpey, Thaddeus, 2007. "Linear Transformations and the k-Means Clustering Algorithm: Applications to Clustering Curves," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 61, pages 34-40, February.
- Tarpey, T., 1995. "Principal Points and Self-Consistent Points of Symmetrical Multivariate Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 39-51, April.
- Thaddeus Tarpey, 2007. "A parametric k-means algorithm," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 71-89, April.
- Kano, Y., 1994. "Consistency Property of Elliptic Probability Density Functions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 139-147, October.
- Bali, Juan Lucas & Boente, Graciela, 2009. "Principal points and elliptical distributions from the multivariate setting to the functional case," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(17), pages 1858-1865, September.
- Yamamoto, Wataru & Shinozaki, Nobuo, 2000. "On uniqueness of two principal points for univariate location mixtures," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Su, Yingcai, 1997. "On the Asymptotics of Quantizers in Two Dimensions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 67-85, April.
- Li, Luning & Flury, Bernard, 1995. "Uniqueness of principal points for univariate distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 323-327, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2014. "A note on the fourth cumulant of a finite mixture distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 386-394.
- Shun Matsuura & Hiroshi Kurata, 2014. "Principal points for an allometric extension model," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 853-870, August.
- Tarpey, Thaddeus & Loperfido, Nicola, 2015. "Self-consistency and a generalized principal subspace theorem," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 27-37.
More about this item
KeywordsLocation mixture Mean squared distance Principal points Self-consistency Spherically symmetric distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:2:p:213-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.