Avoiding hyperinflation: Evidence from a laboratory economy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kovenock, D. & De Vries, C.G., 1995.
"Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies,"
Purdue University Economics Working Papers
1079, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Ramon Marimon & Shyam Sunder, 1993.
"Indeterminacy of equilibria in a hyperinflationary world: Experimental evidence,"
Economics Working Papers
25, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Marimon, Ramon & Sunder, Shyam, 1993. "Indeterminacy of Equilibria in a Hyperinflationary World: Experimental Evidence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1073-107, September.
- McCabe, Kevin A., 1989. "Fiat money as a store of value in an experimental market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 215-231, October.
- Douglas D. Davis & Charles A. Holt, 1992.
"Introduction to Experimental Economics
[Experimental Economics]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Lim, Suk S & Prescott, Edward C & Sunder, Shyam, 1994. "Stationary Solution to the Overlapping Generations Model of Fiat Money: Experimental Evidence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 255-77.
- Arlington W. Williams & John O. Ledyard & Steven Gjerstad & Vernon L. Smith, 2000. "Concurrent trading in two experimental markets with demand interdependence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 511-528.
- Brown, Paul M., 1996. "Experimental evidence on money as a medium of exchange," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 583-600, April.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-54, August.
- Deck, Cary A. & McCabe, Kevin A. & Porter, David P., 2006. "Why stable fiat money hyperinflates: Results from an experimental economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 471-486, November.
- Jack Ochs & John Duffy, 1999. "Emergence of Money as a Medium of Exchange: An Experimental Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 847-877, September.
- Capie, Forrest, 1986. "Conditions in which very rapid inflation has appeared," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 115-168, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:26:y:2004:i:1:p:147-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.