An analysis of the length of stay and effectiveness of treatment for hip fracture patients in Japan: Evaluation of the 2002 revision of the medical service fee schedule
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dranove, David, 1998. "Economies of scale in non-revenue producing cost centers: Implications for hospital mergers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Henry Hansmann & Daniel Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2003. "Ownership Form and Trapped Capital in the Hospital Industry," NBER Chapters,in: The Governance of Not-for-Profit Organizations, pages 45-70 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robinson, James C. & Luft, Harold S., 1985. "The impact of hospital market structure on patient volume, average length of stay, and the cost of care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 333-356, December.
- Jerry Cromwell & Brooke Harrow & Thomas G. McGuire & Randall P. Ellis, 1991. "Medicare Payment to Psychiatric Facilities: Unfair and Inefficient?," Papers 0008, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Held, Philip J. & Pauly, Mark V., 1983. "Competition and efficiency in the end stage renal disease program," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 95-118, August.
- Becker, David & Kessler, Daniel & McClellan, Mark, 2005. "Detecting Medicare abuse," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 189-210, January.
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M., 2000.
"Government purchasing of health services,"
Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 847-890
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1998. "Government purchasing of health services," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9821, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Robert S. Huckman & Gary P. Pisano, 2006. "The Firm Specificity of Individual Performance: Evidence from Cardiac Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 473-488, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2010. "Economies of Scale and Hospital Productivity: An empirical analysis of medical area level panel data," Discussion papers 10050, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2014. "The efficiency of labor matching and remuneration reforms: a panel data quantile regression approach with endogenous treatment variables," Working Papers w0206, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2015. "Heterogeneous effect of residency matching and prospective payment on labor returns and hospital scale economies," Discussion Papers 15-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Motohashi, Takako & Hamada, Hironori & Lee, Jason & Sekimoto, Miho & Imanaka, Yuichi, 2013. "Factors associated with prolonged length of hospital stay of elderly patients in acute care hospitals in Japan: A multilevel analysis of patients with femoral neck fracture," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 60-67.
- Yuda, Michio, 2013. "Medical Fee Reforms, Changes In Medical Supply Densities, And Supplier-Induced Demand: Empirical Evidence From Japan," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(1), pages 79-93, June.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2012. "Heterogeneous effect of coinsurance rate on the demand for health care: a finite mixture approach," Working Papers w0163, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2014. "Heterogeneous effect of coinsurance rate on healthcare costs: generalized finite mixtures and matching estimators," Discussion Papers 14-014, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2013. "The impact of Japanese hospital financing reform on hospital efficiency: A difference-in-difference approach," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 337-362, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:25:y:2006:i:4:p:722-739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.