Editorial: Response to Pauly on a re-examination of the meaning and importance of supplier-induced demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 1986. "The demand for health : Some new empirical evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 195-233, September.
- Paul Taubman & Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Healthiness, Education, and Marital Status," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Aspects of Health, pages 121-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leigh, J. Paul, 1983. "Direct and indirect effects of education on health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 227-234, January.
- Bartel, Ann & Taubman, Paul, 1979. "Health and Labor Market Success: The Role of Various Diseases," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 1-8, February.
- Chirikos, Thomas N & Nestel, Gilbert, 1985. "Further Evidence on the Economic Effects of Poor Health," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 61-69, February.
- Muurinen, Jaana-Marja, 1982. "Demand for health: A generalised Grossman model," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 5-28, May.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, January.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1982. "Health and Wage: A Simultaneous Equation Model with Multiple Discrete Indicators," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(1), pages 199-221, February.
- Luft, Harold S, 1975. "The Impact of Poor Health on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Kemna, Harrie J. M. I., 1987. "Working conditions and the relationship between schooling and health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 189-210, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winand Emons, 2013.
"Incentive-Compatible Reimbursement Schemes for Physicians,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 169(4), pages 605-620, December.
- Emons, Winand, 2010. "Incentive Compatible Reimbursement Schemes for Physicians," CEPR Discussion Papers 7659, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Winand Emons, 2010. "Incentive Compatible Reimbursement Schemes for Physicians," Diskussionsschriften dp1001, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Culyer, Anthony J. & Evans, Robert G., 1996.
"Mark Pauly on welfare economics: Normative rabbits from positive hats,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 243-251, April.
- Evans, R.G. & Culyer, A.J., 1995. "Mark Pauly on Welfare Economics: Normative Rabbits from Positive Hats," Centre for Health Services and Policy Research 95:5r, University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research..
- repec:kap:porgrv:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11115-015-0337-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin Montmartin & Mathieu Escot, 2017. "Local Competition and Physicians’ Pricing Decisions: New Evidence from France," GREDEG Working Papers 2017-31, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Bíró, Anikó & Hellowell, Mark, 2016. "Public–private sector interactions and the demand for supplementary health insurance in the United Kingdom," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(7), pages 840-847.
- Deber, Raisa B. & Forget, Evelyn L. & Roos, Leslie L., 2004. "Medical savings accounts in a universal system: wishful thinking meets evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 49-66, October.
- repec:lrk:eeaart:31_2_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Rice, 2012. "The Physician as the Patient’s Agent," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 25 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anthony Scott & Peter Sivey, 2017. "Motivation and Competition in Health Care," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2017n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Pedersen, Line Bjørnskov & Hess, Stephane & Kjær, Trine, 2016. "Asymmetric information and user orientation in general practice: Exploring the agency relationship in a best–worst scaling study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 115-130.
- Bakker, Frank M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2000. "Deductibles in health insurance: can the actuarially fair premium reduction exceed the deductible?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 123-141, September.
- Leonie Sundmacher & Thomas Kopetsch, 2015. "The impact of office-based care on hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(4), pages 365-375, May.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008.
"Policy Analysis in the Health-Services Market: Accounting for Quality and Quantity,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Vick, Sandra & Scott, Anthony, 1998. "Agency in health care. Examining patients' preferences for attributes of the doctor-patient relationship," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 587-605, October.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2001. "Health Sector Failures in New Zealand: Act of God, Act of Man or Inadequacies in Control Design," Working Paper Series 3901, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Wensing, Michel & Baker, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard AU -, 2004. "Impact of national health care systems on patient evaluations of general practice in Europe," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 353-357, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:13:y:1994:i:4:p:491-494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .