One step up, two steps back: The progression of perceptions of women's work in prisons and jails
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramirez, John, 1983. "Race and the apprehension of inmate misconduct," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 413-427.
- Nicholas P. Lovrich & Mary K. Stohr, 1993. "Gender and Jail Work: Correctional Policy Implications of Perceptual Diversity in the Work Force," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 12(1-2), pages 66-84, March.
- Zupan, Linda L., 1986. "Gender-related differences in correctional officers' perceptions and attitudes," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 349-361.
- Hemmens, Craig & Marquart, James W., 2000. "Friend or foe? Race, age, and inmate perceptions of inmate-staff relations," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 297-312.
- Bazemore, Gordon & Dicker, Todd J., 1994. "Explaining detention worker orientation: Individual characteristics, occupational conditions, and organizational environment," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 297-312.
- Crouch, Ben M., 1985. "Pandora's box: Women guards in men's prisons," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 535-548.
- Stohr, Mary K. & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Wood, Marcia J., 1996. "Service versus security concerns in contemporary jails: Testing general differences in training topic assessments," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 437-448.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Griffin, Marie L., 2004. "Does the job matter? Comparing correlates of stress among treatment and correctional staff in prisons," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 577-592.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:30:y:2002:i:6:p:473-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.