Does XBRL adoption reduce information asymmetry?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1991. " Measuring the Information Content of Stock Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 179-207, March.
- David Easley & Soeren Hvidkjaer & Maureen O'Hara, 2002. "Is Information Risk a Determinant of Asset Returns?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2185-2221, October.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Frankel, Richard & Li, Xu, 2004. "Characteristics of a firm's information environment and the information asymmetry between insiders and outsiders," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 229-259, June.
- Leuz, C & Verrecchia, RE, 2000. "The economic consequences of increased disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38, pages 91-124.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-1359, September.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Shaw, Kenneth W., 2003. "Corporate disclosure quality, earnings smoothing, and earnings' timeliness," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 1043-1050, December.
- Chiang, Raymond & Venkatesh, P C, 1988. " Insider Holdings and Perceptions of Information Asymmetry: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1041-1048, September.
- Zhou, Haiyan, 2007. "Auditing standards, increased accounting disclosure, and information asymmetry: Evidence from an emerging market," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 584-620.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1985. " Optimal Release of Information by Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1071-1094, September.
- Jiang Wang, 1993. "A Model of Intertemporal Asset Prices Under Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(2), pages 249-282.
- Raman, K. K. & Tripathy, Niranjan, 1993. "The effect of supplemental reserve-based accounting data on the market microstructure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 113-133.
- Benston, George J, 1973. "Required Disclosure and the Stock Market: An Evaluation of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 132-155, March.
- Biswas, Dipayan, 2004. "Economics of information in the Web economy: Towards a new theory?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 724-733, July.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Lobo, Gerald J. & Whalen, Dennis J., 2007. "Does good corporate governance reduce information asymmetry around quarterly earnings announcements?," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 497-522.
- repec:eee:ijoais:v:9:y:2008:i:1:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonel Arango Vásquez & Eduardo Alexander Duque Grisales & Germán Horacio Cardona Vélez, 2014. "La teoría de la agencia en la industria del capital riesgo: mecanismos de alineación de intereses," ESCENARIOS: EMPRESAS Y TERRITORIO, INSTITUCION UNIVERSITARIA ESUMER, January.
- Ryan D. Leece & Todd P. White, 2017. "The effects of firms’ information environment on analysts’ herding behavior," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 503-525, February.
- Cacciolatti, Luca & Wan, Tingting, 2012. "A Study of Small Business Owners’ Personal Characteristics and the Use of Marketing Information in the Food and Drink Industry: A Resource-Based Perspective," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 3(2).
- Jean-François Gajewski & Li Li, 2015. "Can Internet-Based Disclosure Reduce Information Asymmetry?," Post-Print halshs-01497381, HAL.
- Saiful Azam, 2014. "Perceived Environmental Factors And The Intention To Adopt A Standard Business Reporting Facility: A Survey Of Australian Corporate Cfos," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 10(2), pages 147-173.
- Jap Efendi & Jin Dong Park & Chandra Subramaniam, 2016. "Does the XBRL Reporting Format Provide Incremental Information Value? A Study Using XBRL Disclosures During the Voluntary Filing Program," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(2), pages 259-285, June.
- André Gräning & Carsten Felden & Maciej Piechocki, 2011. "Status Quo and Potential of XBRL for Business and Information Systems Engineering," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 3(4), pages 231-239, August.
- Carsten Felden, 2011. "Characteristics of XBRL adoption in Germany," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 161-186, December.
- Zhenyang Bai & Manabu Sakaue & Fumiko Takeda, 2014. "The Impact of XBRL Adoption on the Information Environment: Evidence from Japan," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 4, pages 49-74, December.
- Omar Ikbal Tawfik1 & Ahmad Faisal Hayek & Ahnaf Ali Al-Smadi, 2017. "The Extend of Applying the Extensible Business Reporting Language at Jordanian Industrial Companies," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 66-75.
More about this item
KeywordsXBRL Information asymmetry Corporate disclosure Firm size Korean stock market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:2:p:157-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.