Managers' forecast guidance of analysts: International evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Battalio, Raymond C & Kagel, John H & Jiranyakul, Komain, 1990. "Testing between Alternative Models of Choice under Uncertainty: Some Initial Results," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 25-50, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iatridis, George, 2010. "International Financial Reporting Standards and the quality of financial statement information," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 193-204, June.
- Masahiro Enomoto & Tomoyasu Yamaguchi, 2015. "Discontinuities in Earnings and Earnings Change Distributions after J-SOX Implementation: Empirical evidence from Japan," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-26, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Oct 2016.
- Howard Chan & Robert Faff & Yee Kee Ho & Alan Ramsay, 2009. "The effects of forecast specificity on the asymmetric short-window share market response to management earnings forecasts," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 237-261, November.
- Li-Chin Jennifer Ho & Chao-Shin Liu & Thomas Schaefer, 2010. "Audit tenure and earnings surprise management," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 116-138, May.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios, 2017. "Managerial discretion, net operating assets and the cross-section of stock returns: Evidence from European countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 188-210.
- Canace, Thomas G. & Caylor, Marcus L. & Johnson, Peter M. & Lopez, Thomas J., 2010. "The effect of Regulation Fair Disclosure on expectations management: International evidence," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 403-423, September.
- Brown, Philip & How, Janice C.Y. & Verhoeven, Peter, 2008. "The accuracy of analysts' dividend forecasts around the world," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 411-435.
- Li-Chin Jennifer Ho & Chao-Shin Liu & Bo Ouyang, 2012. "Bloated balance sheet, earnings management, and forecast guidance," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 120-140, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jappol:v:24:y:2005:i:4:p:280-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.