Jackknife empirical likelihood method for some risk measures and related quantities
Quantifying risks is of importance in insurance. In this paper, we employ the jackknife empirical likelihood method to construct confidence intervals for some risk measures and related quantities studied by Jones and Zitikis (2003). A simulation study shows the advantages of the new method over the normal approximation method and the naive bootstrap method.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Bruce L. & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2007. "Risk measures, distortion parameters, and their empirical estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 279-297, September.
- Lynn Wirch, Julia & Hardy, Mary R., 1999. "A synthesis of risk measures for capital adequacy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 337-347, December.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Jing, Bing-Yi & Yuan, Junqing & Zhou, Wang, 2009. "Jackknife Empirical Likelihood," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1224-1232.
- Wang, Shaun S. & Young, Virginia R., 1998. "Ordering risks: Expected utility theory versus Yaari's dual theory of risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 145-161, June.
- Wang, Shaun S. & Young, Virginia R. & Panjer, Harry H., 1997. "Axiomatic characterization of insurance prices," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 173-183, November.
- Chen, Jian & Peng, Liang & Zhao, Yichuan, 2009. "Empirical likelihood based confidence intervals for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Bruce L. Jones & Ricardas Zitikis, 2005. "Testing for the order of risk measures: an application of L-statistics in actuarial science," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 193-211.
- Shaun, Wang, 1995. "Insurance pricing and increased limits ratemaking by proportional hazards transforms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-54, August.
- Necir, Abdelhakim & Meraghni, Djamel, 2009. "Empirical estimation of the proportional hazard premium for heavy-tailed claim amounts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 49-58, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:1:p:142-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.