Finite time ruin problems for the Erlang(2) risk model
We consider the Erlang(2) risk model and derive expressions for the density of the time to ruin and the joint density of the time to ruin and the deficit at ruin when the individual claim amount distribution is (i) an exponential distribution and (ii) an Erlang(2) distribution. We also consider the special case when the initial surplus is zero.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borovkov, Konstantin A. & Dickson, David C.M., 2008. "On the ruin time distribution for a Sparre Andersen process with exponential claim sizes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1104-1108, June.
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On ruin for the Erlang(n) risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 391-408, June.
- Mazza, Christian & Rulliere, Didier, 2004. "A link between wave governed random motions and ruin processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 205-222, October.
- Willmot, Gordon E., 2007. "On the discounted penalty function in the renewal risk model with general interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 17-31, July.
- Dickson, David C. M. & Hipp, Christian, 2001. "On the time to ruin for Erlang(2) risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-344, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:1:p:12-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.