Multivariate skew-normal distributions with applications in insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adelchi Azzalini, 2005. "The Skew-normal Distribution and Related Multivariate Families," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(2), pages 159-188.
- Barry Arnold & Robert Beaver & A. Azzalini & N. Balakrishnan & A. Bhaumik & D. Dey & C. Cuadras & J. Sarabia & Barry Arnold & Robert Beaver, 2002. "Skewed multivariate models related to hidden truncation and/or selective reporting," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 11(1), pages 7-54, June.
- Landsman, Zinoviy & Valdez, Emiliano A., 2005. "Tail Conditional Expectations for Exponential Dispersion Models," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 189-209, May.
- Valdez, Emiliano A. & Chernih, Andrew, 2003. "Wang's capital allocation formula for elliptically contoured distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 517-532, December.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Lane, Morton N., 2000. "Pricing Risk Transfer Transactions," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 259-293, November.
- Branco, Márcia D. & Dey, Dipak K., 2001. "A General Class of Multivariate Skew-Elliptical Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-113, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cai, J., 2012. "Estimation concerning risk under extreme value conditions," Other publications TiSEM a92b089f-bc4c-41c2-b297-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eling, Martin, 2014. "Fitting asset returns to skewed distributions: Are the skew-normal and skew-student good models?," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 45-56.
- Bolance, Catalina & Guillen, Montserrat & Pelican, Elena & Vernic, Raluca, 2008. "Skewed bivariate models and nonparametric estimation for the CTE risk measure," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 386-393, December.
- Catalina Bolance & Montserrat Guillen & David Pitt, 2014. "Non-parametric Models for Univariate Claim Severity Distributions - an approach using R," Working Papers 2014-01, Universitat de Barcelona, UB Riskcenter.
- David Pitt & Montserrat Guillen & Catalina Bolancé, 2011. "Estimation of Parametric and Nonparametric Models for Univariate Claim Severity Distributions - an approach using R," Working Papers XREAP2011-06, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jun 2011.
- repec:eee:stapro:v:137:y:2018:i:c:p:105-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan-Juan Cai & John H. J. Einmahl & Laurens Haan & Chen Zhou, 2015.
"Estimation of the marginal expected shortfall: the mean when a related variable is extreme,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 77(2), pages 417-442, March.
- Cai, J. & Einmahl, J.H.J. & de Haan, L.F.M. & Zhou, C., 2012. "Estimation of the Marginal Expected Shortfall : The Mean when a Related Variable is Extreme," Discussion Paper 2012-080, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Furman, Edward & Landsman, Zinoviy, 2010. "Multivariate Tweedie distributions and some related capital-at-risk analyses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 351-361, April.
- Thomas Eichner, 2013. "Increases in skewness and insurance," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2672-2681.
- Young, Phil D. & Kahle, David J. & Young, Dean M., 2017. "On the independence of singular multivariate skew-normal sub-vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 58-62.
- Framstad, N.C., 2011. "Portfolio separation properties of the skew-elliptical distributions, with generalizations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(12), pages 1862-1866.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:126-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Young, Phil D. & Harvill, Jane L. & Young, Dean M., 2016. "A derivation of the multivariate singular skew-normal density function," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 40-45.
- Peng, Zuoxiang & Li, Chunqiao & Nadarajah, Saralees, 2016. "Extremal properties of the skew-t distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 10-19.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:79:y:2018:i:c:p:247-259 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:insuma:v:79:y:2018:i:c:p:75-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Deyuan & Peng, Liang, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit test for tail copulas modeled by elliptical copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 1097-1104, April.
- Eling, Martin, 2012. "Fitting insurance claims to skewed distributions: Are the skew-normal and skew-student good models?," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 239-248.
- Asimit, Alexandru V. & Furman, Edward & Tang, Qihe & Vernic, Raluca, 2011. "Asymptotics for risk capital allocations based on Conditional Tail Expectation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 310-324.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:38:y:2006:i:2:p:413-426. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.