Tariffs, interest rates, and the trade balance in the world economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Sequential Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-894, July.
- Kyle Bagwell & Michael Riordan, 1986. "Equilibrium Price Dynamics for an Experience Good," Discussion Papers 705, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1986. "Trade policy with several goods and market linkages," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 249-267, May.
- Gene M. Grossman & Henrik Horn, 1988.
"Infant-Industry Protection Reconsidered: The Case of Informational Barriers to Entry,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 103(4), pages 767-787.
- Gene M. Grossman & Henrik Horn, 1987. "Infant-Industry Protection Reconsidered: The Case of Informational Barriers to Entry," NBER Working Papers 2159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bagwell, Kyle, 1990.
"Informational product differentiation as a barrier to entry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 207-223, June.
- Kyle Bagwell, 1986. "Informational Product Differentiation as a Barrier to Entry," Discussion Papers 711, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Itoh, Motoshige & Kiyono, Kazuharu, 1987. "Welfare-Enhancing Export Subsidies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 115-137, February.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1986. "Tax Holidays as Signals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 820-826, September.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Riordan, Michael H, 1984. "Advertising as a Signal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 427-450, June.
- Brander, James A., 1995. "Strategic trade policy," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1395-1455 Elsevier.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Brecher, Richard A. & Feenstra, Robert C., 1983. "International trade and capital mobility between diversified economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 321-339, May.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1986. "Externalities in Economies with Imperfect Information and Incomplete Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 229-264.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry Eichengreen & Lawrence H. Goulder, 1991.
"The Impact of Permanent and Temporary Import Surcharges on the U.S. Trade Deficit,"
NBER Chapters,in: Empirical Studies of Commercial Policy, pages 245-286
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen and Lawrence H. Goulder., 1990. "The Impact of Permanent and Temporary Import Surcharges on the U.S. Trade Deficit," Economics Working Papers 90-145, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Goulder, Lawrence H., 1990. "the Impact of Permanent and Temporary Import Surcharges on the U.S. Trade Deficit," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1ps4s00g, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen & Lawrence H. Goulder, 1990. "The Impact of Permanent and Temporary Import Surcharges on the U.S. Trade Deficit," NBER Working Papers 3391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hwang, Yu-Ning & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2013. "Exchange rate pass-through and the effects of tariffs on economic performance and welfare," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 81-102.
- Jorge Rojas-Vallejos & Stephen Turnovsky, 2015. "Erratum to: The Consequences of Tariff Reduction for Economic Activity and Inequality," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 601-631, September.
- Chad P. Bown & Meredith A. Crowley & Rachel McCulloch & Daisuke J. Nakajima, 2005. "The U.S. trade deficit: made in China?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 2-18.
- Fender, John & Yip, Chong K., 2000. "Tariffs and exchange rate dynamics redux," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 633-655, October.
- William Milberg, 1999. "The Rhetoric of Policy Relevance in International Economics," Macroeconomics 9904009, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:27:y:1989:i:1-2:p:91-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.