Searching for cost effectiveness thresholds in the NHS
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nancy Devlin & David Parkin, 2004. "Does NICE have a cost-effectiveness threshold and what other factors influence its decisions? A binary choice analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 437-452.
- Stephen Martin & Nigel Rice & Peter C Smith, 2008. "The link between health care spending and health outcomes for the new English Primary Care Trusts," Working Papers 042cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Williams, A., 2004. "What Could be Nicer than NICE?," Monographs, Office of Health Economics, number 000489, November.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Sofosbuvir: a fork in the road for NICE?
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2015-01-20 17:21:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E. Wetering & E. Stolk & N. Exel & W. Brouwer, 2013. "Balancing equity and efficiency in the Dutch basic benefits package using the principle of proportional shortfall," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 107-115, February.
- Barnsley, P. & Towse, A. & Karlsberg Schaffer, S. & Sussex, J., 2013. "Critique of CHE Research Paper 81: Methods for the Estimation of the NICE Cost Effectiveness Threshold," Occasional Papers 000106, Office of Health Economics.
- Karl Claxton & Simon Walker & Steven Palmer & Mark Sculpher, 2010. "Appropriate Perspectives for Health Care Decisions," Working Papers 054cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Karlsberg Schaffer, S. & Sussex, J. & Hughes, D. & Devlin, N., 2014. "Opportunity Costs of Implementing NICE Decisions in NHS Wales," Research Papers 000517, Office of Health Economics.
- Stefano Capri & Rosella Levaggi, 2011. "Shifting the risk in pricing and reimbursement schemes? A model of risk-sharing agreements for innovative drugs," DEP - series of economic working papers 2/2011, University of Genoa, Research Doctorate in Public Economics.
- Aidan Hollis, 2016. "Sustainable Financing of Innovative Therapies: A Review of Approaches," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 34(10), pages 971-980, October.
- Levaggi, Rosella, 2014. "Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 69-73.
- Johannesson, M. & Jonsson, B. & Jonsson, L. & Kobelt, G. & Zethraeus, N., 2009. "Why Should Economic Evaluations of Medical Innovations Have a Societal Perspective?," Briefings 000228, Office of Health Economics.
- Karlsberg Schaffer, S. & Sussex, J. & Devlin, N. & Walker, A., 2013. "Searching for Cost-effectiveness Thresholds in NHS Scotland," Research Papers 000078, Office of Health Economics.
- Helen Dakin & Nancy Devlin & Yan Feng & Nigel Rice & Phill O'Neill & David Parkin, 2015.
"The Influence of Cost‐Effectiveness and Other Factors on Nice Decisions,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(10), pages 1256-1271, October.
- Dakin, H. & Devlin, N. & Feng, Y. & Rice, N. & O'Neill, P. & Parkin, D., 2013. "The Influence of Cost-effectiveness and Other Factors on NICE Decisions," Research Papers 000107, Office of Health Economics.
- Helen Dakin & Nancy Devlin & Yan Feng & Nigel Rice & Phill Oâ€™Neill & David Parkin, 2013. "The influence of cost-effectiveness and other factors on NICE decisions," Working Papers 093cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Laura Levaggi & Rosella Levaggi, 2017. "Rationing in health care provision: a welfare approach," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 235-249, June.
- Hernandez-Villafuerte, K. & Zamora, B. & Feng, Y. & Parkin, D. & Devlin, N. & Towse, A., 2019. "Exploring Variations in the Opportunity Cost Cost-effectiveness Threshold by Clinical Area: Results from a Feasibility Study in England," Research Papers 002142, Office of Health Economics.
- Martina Garau & Grace Hampson & Nancy Devlin & Nicola Amedeo Mazzanti & Antonio Profico, 2018.
"Applying a Multicriteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) Approach to Elicit Stakeholders’ Preferences in Italy: The Case of Obinutuzumab for Rituximab-Refractory Indolent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (iNHL),"
PharmacoEconomics - Open,
Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 153-163, June.
- Garau, M. & Marsden, G. & Devlin, N. & Amedeo Mazzanti, N. & Profico, A., 2016. "Applying a Multi-criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) Approach to Elicit Stakeholders' Preferences in Italy. The Case of Obinutuzumab for Rituximab-Refractory Indolent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (iNHL)," Research Papers 001773, Office of Health Economics.
- Laura Catherine Edney & Hossein Haji Ali Afzali & Terence Chai Cheng & Jonathan Karnon, 2018. "Estimating the Reference Incremental Cost-Effectiveness Ratio for the Australian Health System," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 239-252, February.
- Jessica Ochalek & Karl Claxton & Paul Revill & Mark Sculpher & Alexandra Rollinger, 2016. "Supporting the development of an essential health package: principles and initial assessment for Malawi," Working Papers 136cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Laura Levaggi & Rosella Levaggi, 2016. "Welfare analysis of rationing in health care provision," Working papers 39, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Shah, K. & Praet, C. & Devlin, N. & Sussex, J. & Appleby, J. & Parkin, D., 2011. "Is the Aim of the Health Care System to Maximise QALYs? An Investigation of," Research Papers 000180, Office of Health Economics.
- Laura Levaggi & Rosella Levaggi, 2011. "Welfare properties of restrictions to health care based on cost effectiveness," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 101-110, January.
- Kristian Bolin & Lars Forsgren, 2012. "The Cost Effectiveness of Newer Epilepsy Treatments," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 30(10), pages 903-923, October.
- Karlsberg Schaffer, Sarah & Sussex, Jon & Devlin, Nancy & Walker, Andrew, 2015. "Local health care expenditure plans and their opportunity costs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(9), pages 1237-1244.
More about this item
KeywordsResource allocation Cost effectiveness threshold Cost utility analysis QALYs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:91:y:2009:i:3:p:239-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.