Stochastic optimal policies when the discount rate vanishes
Dutta (J. Econom. Theory, 1991, 55, 64?94) showed that long-run optimality of the limit of discounted optima when the discount rate vanishes is implied by a certain bound on the value function of the optimal program. We introduce a new method to verify this bound using coupling techniques.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosenthal J.S., 2003. "Asymptotic Variance and Convergence Rates of Nearly-Periodic Markov Chain Monte Carlo Algorithms," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 169-177, January.
- Leonard J Mirman & Olivier F. Morand & Kevin L. Reffett, 2004.
"A Qualitative Approach to Markovian Equilibrium in Infinite Horizon Economies with Capital,"
122247000000000224, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L., 2008. "A qualitative approach to Markovian equilibrium in infinite horizon economies with capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 75-98, March.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1975. "On optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 329-339, December.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Stachurski, John, 2005. "Stability of stochastic optimal growth models: a new approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 100-118, May.
- Dutta, P.K., 1991. "What Do Discounted Optima Converge To? A Theory of Discount Rate Asymptotics in Economic Models," RCER Working Papers 264, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B, 1981. "Stochastic Properties of Fast vs. Slow Growing Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1007-33, June.
- Dutta, Prajit K., 1991. "What do discounted optima converge to?: A theory of discount rate asymptotics in economic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 64-94, October.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-406, November.
- Brock, William A. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1972. "Optimal economic growth and uncertainty: The discounted case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 479-513, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:31:y:2007:i:4:p:1416-1430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.