Parental nativity and the decision to substantiate: Findings from a study of Latino children in the second National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAW II)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lu, Yuhwa Eva & Landsverk, John & Ellis-Macleod, Elissa & Newton, Rae & Ganger, William & Johnson, Ivory, 2004. "Race, ethnicity, and case outcomes in child protective services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 447-461, May.
- Dettlaff, Alan J. & Rivaux, Stephanie L. & Baumann, Donald J. & Fluke, John D. & Rycraft, Joan R. & James, Joyce, 2011. "Disentangling substantiation: The influence of race, income, and risk on the substantiation decision in child welfare," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1630-1637, September.
- Fluke, John D. & Yuan, Ying-Ying T. & Hedderson, John & Curtis, Patrick A., 2003. "Disproportionate representation of race and ethnicity in child maltreatment: investigation and victimization," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5-6), pages 359-373.
- Church II, Wesley T. & Gross, Emma R. & Baldwin, Joshua, 2005. "Maybe ignorance is not always bliss: The disparate treatment of Hispanics within the child welfare system," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 1279-1292, December.
- Zuravin, Susan J. & Orme, John G. & Hegar, Rebecca L., 1995. "Disposition of child physical abuse reports: Review of the literature and test of a predictive model," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 547-566.
- Dettlaff, Alan J. & Earner, Ilze & Phillips, Susan D., 2009. "Latino children of immigrants in the child welfare system: Prevalence, characteristics, and risk," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 775-783, July.
- English, Diana J. & Marshall, David B. & Coghlan, Laura & Brummel, Sherry & Orme, Matthew, 2002. "Causes and Consequences of the Substantiation Decision in Washington State Child Protective Services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 817-851, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:11:1806-1807_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayón, Cecilia, 2009. "Shorter time-lines, yet higher hurdles: Mexican families' access to child welfare mandated services," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 609-616, June.
- Dettlaff, Alan J. & Johnson, Michelle A., 2011. "Child maltreatment dynamics among immigrant and U.S. born Latino children: Findings from the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-being (NSCAW)," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 936-944, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graham, Laurie M. & Lanier, Paul & Johnson-Motoyama, Michelle, 2016. "National profile of Latino/Latina children reported to the child welfare system for sexual abuse," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 18-27.
- Cardoso, Jodi Berger & Dettlaff, Alan J. & Finno-Velasquez, Megan & Scott, Jennifer & Faulkner, Monica, 2014. "Nativity and immigration status among Latino families involved in the child welfare system: Characteristics, risk, and maltreatment," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 189-200.
More about this item
KeywordsRacial/ethnic disparities; Substantiation; Latino child welfare; Immigration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:11:p:2229-2239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.