Mixtures of equispaced normal distributions and their use for testing symmetry with univariate data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Racine, Jeffrey S. & Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 2007. "A versatile and robust metric entropy test of time-reversibility, and other hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 547-567, June.
- Modarres, Reza & Gastwirth, Joseph L., 1996. "A modified runs test for symmetry," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 107-112, December.
- Francesco Bartolucci, 2005. "Clustering Univariate Observations via Mixtures of Unimodal Normal Mixtures," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 22(2), pages 203-219, September.
- Antonietta Mira, 1999. "Distribution-free test for symmetry based on Bonferroni's measure," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(8), pages 959-972.
- repec:taf:gnstxx:v:21:y:2009:i:8:p:943-967 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehab F. Abd-Elfattah & Ronald W. Butler, 2011. "Tests for symmetry with right censoring," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 683-693, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lyubchich, Vyacheslav & Wang, Xingyu & Heyes, Andrew & Gel, Yulia R., 2016. "A distribution-free m-out-of-n bootstrap approach to testing symmetry about an unknown median," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 1-9.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap method; Density estimation; Expectation–Maximization algorithm; Skewness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:71:y:2014:i:c:p:262-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.