On simulating Balakrishnan skew-normal variates
The novel Balakrishnan skew-normal distribution was introduced in 2008. The only known scheme for simulating from this distribution is based on acceptance/rejection sampling. Here, we introduce an alternative scheme that is more efficient. We also derive various stochastic representations for the Balakrishnan skew-normal distribution.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Hasanalipour & M. Sharafi, 2012. "A new generalized Balakrishnan skew-normal distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 219-228, February.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Marc G. Genton, 2008. "Robust Likelihood Methods Based on the Skew-"t" and Related Distributions," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 76(1), pages 106-129, 04.
- Ayyub Sheikhi & Ahad Jamalizadeh, 2011. "Regression analysis using order statistics," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 885-892, November.
- Branco, Márcia D. & Dey, Dipak K., 2001. "A General Class of Multivariate Skew-Elliptical Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-113, October.
- A. Jamalizadeh & A. Arabpour & N. Balakrishnan, 2011. "A generalized skew two-piece skew-normal distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 431-446, May.
- Satheesh Kumar, C. & Anusree, M.R., 2011. "On a generalized mixture of standard normal and skew normal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(12), pages 1813-1821.
- A. Ghalamfarsa Mostofi & M. Kharrati-Kopaei, 2012. "Bayesian nonparametric inference for unimodal skew-symmetric distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 821-832, November.
- M. Sharafi & J. Behboodian, 2008. "The Balakrishnan skew–normal density," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 769-778, October.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
- García, V.J. & Gómez-Déniz, E. & Vázquez-Polo, F.J., 2010. "A new skew generalization of the normal distribution: Properties and applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2021-2034, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:57:y:2013:i:1:p:52-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.