On simulating Balakrishnan skew-normal variates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Sharafi & J. Behboodian, 2008. "The Balakrishnan skew–normal density," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 769-778, October.
- A. Ghalamfarsa Mostofi & M. Kharrati-Kopaei, 2012. "Bayesian nonparametric inference for unimodal skew-symmetric distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 821-832, November.
- Ayyub Sheikhi & Ahad Jamalizadeh, 2011. "Regression analysis using order statistics," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 885-892, November.
- García, V.J. & Gómez-Déniz, E. & Vázquez-Polo, F.J., 2010. "A new skew generalization of the normal distribution: Properties and applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2021-2034, August.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Marc G. Genton, 2008. "Robust Likelihood Methods Based on the Skew-"t" and Related Distributions," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 76(1), pages 106-129, April.
- Satheesh Kumar, C. & Anusree, M.R., 2011. "On a generalized mixture of standard normal and skew normal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(12), pages 1813-1821.
- A. Jamalizadeh & A. Arabpour & N. Balakrishnan, 2011. "A generalized skew two-piece skew-normal distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 431-446, May.
- P. Hasanalipour & M. Sharafi, 2012. "A new generalized Balakrishnan skew-normal distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 219-228, February.
- Branco, Márcia D. & Dey, Dipak K., 2001. "A General Class of Multivariate Skew-Elliptical Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-113, October.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
More about this item
KeywordsSimulation; Skew-symmetric distributions; Truncation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:57:y:2013:i:1:p:52-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.