Estimation of the parameters of life for Gompertz distribution using progressive first-failure censored data
Bayes and frequentist estimators are obtained for the two-parameter Gompertz distribution (GD), as well as the reliability and hazard rate functions, using progressive first-failure censoring plan. We have examined Bayes estimates under symmetric and asymmetric loss functions. We show that the Bayes estimates relative to asymmetric loss function includes the maximum likelihood estimate (MLE) and other Bayes estimates as special cases. This is done using the conjugate prior for the scale parameter and discrete prior for the shape parameter. It has been seen that the Bayes estimators are obtained in closed form. Also, based on this new censoring scheme, exact and approximate confidence intervals as well as exact confidence region for the parameters of GD are developed. A practical example using simulated data set was used for illustration. Finally, to assess the performance of the proposed estimators, numerical results using Monte Carlo simulation study were reported.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 56 (2012)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Balakrishnan, 2007. "Rejoinder on: Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(2), pages 290-296, August.
- Wu, Shuo-Jye & Kus, Coskun, 2009. "On estimation based on progressive first-failure-censored sampling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(10), pages 3659-3670, August.
- Soliman, Ahmed A. & Abd Ellah, A.H. & Sultan, K.S., 2006. "Comparison of estimates using record statistics from Weibull model: Bayesian and non-Bayesian approaches," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 2065-2077, December.
- Ng, H. K. T. & Chan, P. S. & Balakrishnan, N., 2002. "Estimation of parameters from progressively censored data using EM algorithm," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 371-386, June.
- N. Balakrishnan, 2007. "Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(2), pages 211-259, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:8:p:2471-2485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.