Local influence in estimating equations
Local influence diagnostics based on estimating equations as the role of a gradient vector derived from any fit function are developed for repeated measures regression analysis. Our proposal generalizes tools used in other studies ([Cook, 1986] and [Cadigan and Farrell, 2002]), considering herein local influence diagnostics for a statistical model where estimation involves an estimating equation in which all observations are not necessarily independent of each other. Moreover, the measures of local influence are illustrated with some simulated data sets to assess influential observations. Applications using real data are presented.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- You-Gan Wang, 2003. "Working correlation structure misspecification, estimation and covariate design: Implications for generalised estimating equations performance," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(1), pages 29-41, March.
- N. G. Cadigan & P. J. Farrell, 2002. "Generalized local influence with applications to fish stock cohort analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 51(4), pages 469-483.
- Hongtu Zhu & Joseph G. Ibrahim & Niansheng Tang & Heping Zhang, 2008. "Diagnostic measures for empirical likelihood of general estimating equations," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(2), pages 489-507.
- Rinaldo Artes, 2000. "Longitudinal Data Estimating Equations for Dispersion Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 321-334.
- W.-Y. Poon & Y. S. Poon, 1999. "Conformal normal curvature and assessment of local influence," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(1), pages 51-61.
- Osorio, Felipe & Paula, Gilberto A. & Galea, Manuel, 2007. "Assessment of local influence in elliptical linear models with longitudinal structure," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4354-4368, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:4:p:1867-1883. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.