Regression models for grouped survival data: Estimation and sensitivity analysis
In this study, regression models are evaluated for grouped survival data when the effect of censoring time is considered in the model and the regression structure is modeled through four link functions. The methodology for grouped survival data is based on life tables, and the times are grouped in k intervals so that ties are eliminated. Thus, the data modeling is performed by considering the discrete models of lifetime regression. The model parameters are estimated by using the maximum likelihood and jackknife methods. To detect influential observations in the proposed models, diagnostic measures based on case deletion, which are denominated global influence, and influence measures based on small perturbations in the data or in the model, referred to as local influence, are used. In addition to those measures, the local influence and the total influential estimate are also employed. Various simulation studies are performed and compared to the performance of the four link functions of the regression models for grouped survival data for different parameter settings, sample sizes and numbers of intervals. Finally, a data set is analyzed by using the proposed regression models.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carrasco, Jalmar M.F. & Ortega, Edwin M.M. & Paula, Gilberto A., 2008. "Log-modified Weibull regression models with censored data: Sensitivity and residual analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 4021-4039, April.
- Hashimoto, Elizabeth M. & Ortega, Edwin M.M. & Cancho, Vicente G. & Cordeiro, Gauss M., 2010. "The log-exponentiated Weibull regression model for interval-censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1017-1035, April.
- Xie, Feng-Chang & Wei, Bo-Cheng, 2007. "Diagnostics analysis for log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4692-4706, May.
- Ortega, Edwin M. M. & Bolfarine, Heleno & Paula, Gilberto A., 2003. "Influence diagnostics in generalized log-gamma regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 165-186, February.
- Silva, Giovana Oliveira & Ortega, Edwin M.M. & Cancho, Vicente G. & Barreto, Mauricio Lima, 2008. "Log-Burr XII regression models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3820-3842, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:2:p:993-1007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.