Industrial development policies and performances in Southern China: Beyond the specialised industrial cluster program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elisa Barbieri & Marco Di Tommaso & Lauretta Rubini, 2009. "Industrial development policies in southern China: the specialised towns programme," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 36(3), pages 179-198.
- Demurger, Sylvie & Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Woo, Wing Thye & BAO, Shuming & Chang, Gene, 2002. "The relative contributions of location and preferential policies in China's regional development: being in the right place and having the right incentives," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 444-465, December.
- Ge, Wei, 1999. "Special Economic Zones and the Opening of the Chinese Economy: Some Lessons for Economic Liberalization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1267-1285, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canfei He & Rudai Yang, 2016. "Determinants of Firm Failure: Empirical Evidence from China," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 72-92, March.
- Zheng, Liang & Zhao, Zhong, 2017.
"What drives spatial clusters of entrepreneurship in China? Evidence from economic census data,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 229-248.
- Zheng, Liang & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "What Drives Spatial Clusters of Entrepreneurship in China? Evidence from Economic Census Data," IZA Discussion Papers 11074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zheng, Liang & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "What Drives Spatial Clusters of Entrepreneurship in China? Evidence from Economic Census Data," GLO Discussion Paper Series 127, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Marco R. Di Tommaso & Elisa Barbieri & Lauretta Rubini, 2012. "The Cantonese model: Clusters of firms and local industrial development policy in Southern China," Working Papers 1212, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Marco Marozzi, 2016. "Construction, Robustness Assessment and Application of an Index of Perceived Level of Socio-Economic Threat from Immigrants: A Study of 47 European Countries and Regions," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 413-437, August.
- Breitschopf, Barbara, 2015. "Policy mix and the impact on PV technologies and industry: The challenge - how to make policies quantifiable?," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S6/2015, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Bao, Chengchao & Chen, Zhao & Wu, Jianfeng, 2013. "Chinese manufacturing on the move: Factor supply or market access?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 170-181.
- Zheng, Guo & Barbieri, Elisa & Di Tommaso, Marco R. & Zhang, Lei, 2016. "Development zones and local economic growth: zooming in on the Chinese case," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 238-249.
- Florian BUTOLLO, 2013. "Moving Beyond Cheap Labour? Industrial and Social Upgrading in the Garment and LED Industries of the Pearl River Delta," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 42(4), pages 139-170.
- Karla Paola Jiménez Almaguer. & José Melchor Medina Quintero. & Nazlhe Faride Cheín Schekaibán, 2013. "The search for the development of clusters in Tamaulipas, Mexico: A case study," Economía: teoría y práctica, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, México, vol. 39(2), pages 89-117, Julio-Dic.
- Canfei He & Qi Guo & David Rigby, 2015. "Industry Relatedness, Agglomeration Externalities and Firm Survival in China," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1528, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2015.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:58:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00168-016-0778-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Marozzi & Mario Bolzan, 2016. "Skills and training requirements of municipal directors: a statistical assessment," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 1093-1115, May.
- Canfei He & Yan Yan & David Rigby, 2015. "Regional Industrial Evolution in China: Path Dependence or Path Creation?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1520, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2015.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:154-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ha-Joon Chang & Antonio Andreoni & Ming Leong Kuan, 2013. "International Industrial Policy Experiences & the Lessons for the UK," Working Papers wp450, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Marco R. Di Tommaso & Elisa Barbieri & Manli Huang, 2012. "Innovation in Chinese cluster-based leading enterprises," Working Papers 1213, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial development policies; Industrial clusters; Policy evaluation; Innovation; Industrial performance; Guangdong; China;
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:23:y:2012:i:3:p:613-625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.