Budgetary criteria in performance evaluation: a critical appraisal using new evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brownell, Peter & Dunk, Alan S., 1991. "Task uncertainty and its interaction with budgetary participation and budget emphasis: Some methodological issues and empirical investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 693-703.
- repec:bla:joares:v:23:y:1985:i:2:p:502-512 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:156-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:189-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:16:y:1978:i:1:p:122-149 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hubbard, Raymond & Lindsay, R. Murray, 2013. "The significant difference paradigm promotes bad science," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1393-1397.
- Marco Giovanni Rizzo, 2014. "La relazione tra il livello di coinvolgimento nel processo di budget, il commitment verso gli obiettivi, la soddisfazione lavorativa e i relativi risvolti sulla performance manageriale. I risultati di," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1), pages 9-34.
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Adam Maiga & Anders Nilsson & Fred Jacobs, 2014. "Assessing the impact of budgetary participation on budgetary outcomes: the role of information technology for enhanced communication and activity-based costing," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-32, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1138 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Matthew, 2008. "The effect of comprehensive performance measurement systems on role clarity, psychological empowerment and managerial performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 141-163.
- Jan Noeverman & Bas A.S. Koene & Roger Williams, 2005. "Construct measurement of evaluative style: a review and proposal," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 77-107, April.
- Bouwens, Jan & Abernethy, Margaret A., 2000. "The consequences of customization on management accounting system design," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 221-241, April.
- Bonache, Adrien & Maurice, Jonathan & Georgescu, Irène, 2009.
"Enseignement d'une meta-analyse sur le lien participation budgétaire-performance managériale
[Lesson from Meta-analysis for the relation between budgetary participation and managerial performance]," MPRA Paper 12958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "Participation budgétaire et performance managériale:Une combinaison de méta-analyses -Budgetary participation and managerial performance:A combination of meta-analyses," Working Papers CREGO 1101001, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Ulrike Schmidt & Thomas Günther, 2016. "Public sector accounting research in the higher education sector: a systematic literature review," Management Review Quarterly, Springer;Vienna University of Economics and Business, vol. 66(4), pages 235-265, December.
- Harjinder Singh & Rick Newby, 2010. "Internal audit and audit fees: further evidence," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(4), pages 309-327, April.
- Noeverman, J., 2010. "Within- and Between-group Agreement in Supervisor’s Evaluative Behaviours: Do evaluative ‘styles’ exist?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2010-002-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Morgan, Robert E. & Strong, Carolyn A., 2003. "Business performance and dimensions of strategic orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 163-176, March.
- Walid Cheffi & Adel Beldi, 2007. "Conception D'Un Outil De Mesure De La Performance : Divergences Entre Controleurs De Gestion Et Managers. Cas D'Un Groupe Industriel Français," Post-Print halshs-00543093, HAL.
- Wong-On-Wing, Bernard & Guo, Lan & Li, Wei & Yang, Dan, 2007. "Reducing conflict in balanced scorecard evaluations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 363-377.
- Stefan Hofmann & Andreas Wald & Ronald Gleich, 2012. "Determinants and effects of the diagnostic and interactive use of control systems: an empirical analysis on the use of budgets," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 153-182, December.
- Noeverman, J. & Koene, B.A.S., 2010. "Contextual Influences on Evaluative Style and its Effectiveness: Three Avenues for Future Research," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2010-047-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Klaus Derfuss, 2015. "Relating Context Variables to Participative Budgeting and Evaluative Use of Performance Measures: A Meta-analysis," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 51(2), pages 238-278, June.
- Marginson, David & Ogden, Stuart, 2005. "Coping with ambiguity through the budget: the positive effects of budgetary targets on managers' budgeting behaviours," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 435-456, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:25:y:2000:i:4-5:p:483-496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.