Alternative models of input allocation in multicrop systems: irrigation water in the central plains, United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lele, Uma & Goldsmith, Arthur A, 1989. "The Development of National Agricultural Research Capacity: India's Experience with the Rockefeller Foundation and Its Significance for Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 305-343, January.
- Houck, James P., 1986. "Foreign Agricultural Assistance: Ally Or Adversary," Staff Papers 13806, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong, 1992. "Aid and economic growth in LDCs: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 31-52, March.
- Griffin, Keith B & Enos, J L, 1970. "Foreign Assistance: Objectives and Consequences," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 313-327, April.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1989. "Why Foreign Economic Assistance?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 411-424, January.
- Norton, George W & Ortiz, Jaime & Pardey, Philip G, 1992.
"The Impact of Foreign Assistance on Agricultural Growth,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(4), pages 775-786, July.
- Norton, George W. & Ortiz, Jaime & Pardey, Philip G., 1989. "The Impact of Foreign Assistance on Agricultural Growth," Staff Papers 232543, Virginia Tech, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Papanek, Gustav F, 1973. "Aid, Foreign Private Investment, Savings, and Growth in Less Developed Countries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(1), pages 120-130, Jan.-Feb..
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1988. "The Conditions for Compatibility between Aid and Trade in Agriculture," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 1-30, October.
- Stoneman, Colin, 1975. "Foreign capital and economic growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 11-26, January.
- Levy, Victor, 1987. "Does Concessionary Aid Lead to Higher Investment Rates in Low-Income Countries?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 152-156, February.
- Griffin, Keith, 1970. "Foreign Capital, Domestic Savings and Economic Development," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 32(2), pages 99-112, May.
- Papanek, Gustav F, 1972. "The Effect of Aid and other Resource Transfers on Savings and Growth in Less Developed Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 934-950, September.
- Mosley, Paul, 1980. "Aid, Savings and Growth Revisited," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 42(2), pages 79-95, May.
- Bachman, Kenneth Leroy & Paulino, Leonardo A., 1979. "Rapid food production growth in selected developing countries: a comparative analysis of underlying trends, 1961-76," Research reports 11, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dacy, Douglas C, 1975. "Foreign Aid, Government Consumption, Saving and Growth in Less-Developed Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(339), pages 548-561, September.
- Gulati, Umesh C, 1978. "Effect of Capital Imports on Savings and Growth in Less Developed Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(4), pages 563-569, October.
- Mikesell, Raymond F & Zinser, James E, 1973. "The Nature of the Savings Function in Developing Countries: A Survey of the Theoretical and Empirical Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Over, A Mead, Jr, 1975. " An Example of the Simultaneous-Equation Problem: A Note on "Foreign Assistance: Objectives and Consequences."," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 751-756, July.
- Weisskopf, Thomas E., 1972. "The impact of foreign capital inflow on domestic savings in underdeveloped countries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 25-38, February.
- Massell, Benton F & Pearson, Scott R & Fitch, James B, 1972. "Foreign Exchange and Economic Development: An Empirical Study of Selected Latin American Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(2), pages 208-212, May.
- Levy, Victor, 1988. "Aid and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: The recent experience," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1777-1795, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moore, Madison, 2015. "The Economics of Water: The Effects of Irrigation on Average Farm Revenue," SS-AAEA Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bazzani, Guido Maria & di Pasquale, S. & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2002. "Water Regulation and Irrigated Agriculture Under the EU Water Framework Directive," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24898, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- John K. Dagsvik & Astrid L. Mathiassen, 2004. "Agricultural Production with Uncertain Water Supply," Discussion Papers 370, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Phoebe Koundouri, 2004.
"Current Issues in the Economics of Groundwater Resource Management,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 703-740, December.
- Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management," DEOS Working Papers 0402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Koundouri, Phoebe, 2004. "Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management," MPRA Paper 38425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bontemps, C. & Couture, S. & Favard, P., 2001. "Is the Irrigation Water Demand Really Convex ?," Cahiers du LASER (LASER Working Papers) 2001.04, LASER (Laboratoire de Science Economique de Richter), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Bazzani, Guido Maria & di Pasquale, S. & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2002. "Water Policy And The Sustainability Of Irrigated Systems In Italy," Working Papers 14401, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Celine Nauges & Phoebe Koundouri & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2004. "Endogenous Technology Adoption Under Production Risk: Theory and Application to Irrigation Technology," Working Papers 0411, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Yu, Yingzhuo & Hoogenboom, Gerrit, 2009. "Estimating the demand for irrigation water in a humid climate: A case study from the southeastern United States," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(10), pages 1421-1428, October.
- Vicente Ruiz, 2016. "Groundwater Overdraft, Electricity, and Wrong Incentives: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2016.05, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:11:y:1994:i:2-3:p:143-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.