Pricing and supplier concentration in the private client segment of the audit market: Market power or competition?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deis, Donald Jr. & Giroux, Gary, 1996. "The effect of auditor changes on audit fees, audit hours, and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 55-76.
- Campbell, Terry L. & McNiel, Douglas W., 1985. "Stochastic and nonstochastic determinants of changes in client-industry concentrations for large public-accounting firms," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 317-328.
- Veronique Weets & Marc Jegers, 1997. "Are the 'Big Six' 'big' in Belgium?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 773-789.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- Christopher K.M. Pong, 1999. "Auditor Concentration: A Replication and Extension for the UK Audit Market 1991-1995," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3-4), pages 451-475.
- Parker, S. C., 1991. "Significantly concentrated markets : Theory and evidence for the U.K," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 585-590, December.
- Francis, Jere R., 1984. "The effect of audit firm size on audit prices : A study of the Australian Market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 133-151, August.
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i:1:p:198-210 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tonge, Stanley D. & Wootton, Charles W., 1991. "Auditor concentration and competition among the large public accounting firms: Post-merger status and future implications," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 157-172.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Géraldine Broye & Laurent Weill, 2008. "The Effects of Concentration on Competition and Efficiency : Some Evidence from the French Audit Market," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Wouter Dutillieux & Donald Stokes & Marleen Willekens & Gary Monroe, 2013. "Strategic pricing by Big 4 audit firms in private client segments," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(4), pages 961-994, December.
- Verbruggen, Sandra & Christiaens, Johan & Reheul, Anne-Mie & Van Caneghem, Tom, 2011.
"Audit pricing in a reformed nonprofit market,"
2011/29, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- S. Verbruggen & J. Christiaens & A. Reheul & T. Van Caneghem, 2011. "Audit pricing in a reformed nonprofit market," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/764, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Vander Bauwhede, Heidi & Willekens, Marleen & Gaeremynck, Ann, 2003. "Audit firm size, public ownership, and firms' discretionary accruals management," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-22.
- Sharad Asthana & Steven Balsam & Sungsoo Kim, 2009. "The effect of Enron, Andersen, and Sarbanes-Oxley on the US market for audit services," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 4-26, July.
- Brähler, Gernot & Brune, Philipp & Göttsche, Max, 2011. "Determinanten der Prüfungshonorare von Unternehmen aus der Medienbranche - eine empirische Untersuchung unter Einsatz einer Regressionsanalyse," Ilmenauer Schriften zur Betriebswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, volume 9, number 92011, April.
- Corten, Maarten & Steijvers, Tensie & Lybaert, Nadine, 2017. "The effect of intrafamily agency conflicts on audit demand in private family firms: The moderating role of the board of directors," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 13-28.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:29:y:2013:i:2:p:332-342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peecher, Mark E., 2003. "Discussion of "Pricing and Supplier Concentration in the Private Client Segment of the Audit Market: Market Power or Competition?"," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 457-460.
- Willekens, Marleen, 2003. "Reply to discussion of "Pricing and supplier concentration in the private client segment of the audit market: Market power or competition?"," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 461-464.
- Numan, Wieteke & Willekens, Marleen, 2012. "An empirical test of spatial competition in the audit market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 450-465.
- Tom Van Caneghem, 2010. "Audit pricing and the Big4 fee premium: evidence from Belgium," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 122-139, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accoun:v:38:y:2003:i:4:p:431-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.