The Profitability of Takeovers and Mergers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Feldstein, 1974. "Incidence of a Capital Income Tax in a Growing Economy with Variable Savings Rates," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 505-513.
- Martin Feldstein, 1980.
"International differences in social security and saving,"
NBER Chapters,in: Econometric Studies in Public Finance, pages 225-244
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1980. "International differences in social security and saving," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 225-244, October.
- Martin Feldstein, 1979. "International Differences in Social Security and Saving," NBER Working Papers 0355, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1978. "Anatomy and Consequences of Exchange Control Regimes," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bhag78-1, January.
- Frenkel, Jacob A & Levich, Richard M, 1977. "Transaction Costs and Interest Arbitrage: Tranquil versus Turbulent Periods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1209-1226, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baomin Dong & Frank Wang, 2014. "A pre-emption model of mergers," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 187-204, October.
- Firth, Michael, 1997. "Takeovers in New Zealand: Motives, stockholder returns, and executive share ownership," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 419-440, September.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Alvarez, Jesus & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Fernandez-Anaya, Guillermo, 2008. "Time-varying Hurst exponent for US stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(24), pages 6159-6169.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa & Nangia, Vinay Kumar & Agrawal, Rajat, 2014. "The 2007-2008 global financial crisis, and cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A 26-nation exploratory study," MPRA Paper 60148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bogan, Vicki & Just, David, 2009.
"What drives merger decision making behavior? Don't seek, don't find, and don't change your mind,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 930-943, December.
- Bogan, Vicki & Just, David R., 2006. "What Drives Merger Decision Making Behavior? Don’t Seek, Don’t Find, and Don’t Change Your Mind," Working Papers 127046, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Reddy, K. Srinivasa & Nangia, Vinay Kumar & Agrawal, Rajat, 2012. "Corporate mergers and financial performance: A new assessment of Indian cases," MPRA Paper 60425, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Paolo Garella, 1989. "Fusions et acquisitions dans l'industrie européenne," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 29(1), pages 185-219.
- Andy Cosh & Alan Hughes, 2008. "Takeovers after "Takeovers"," Working Papers wp363, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Julian Franks & Colin Mayer, 2002. "Governance as a source of managerial discipline," Working Paper Research 31, National Bank of Belgium.
- Jorge Farinha & Francisco Miranda, 2003. "Run-up, toeholds, and agency effects in mergers and acquisitions: evidence from an emerging market," CEF.UP Working Papers 0311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Terence Tse & Khaled Soufani, 2001. "Wealth Effects of Takeovers in Merger Activity Eras: Empirical Evidence from the UK," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 365-377.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:89:y:1979:i:354:p:316-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.