Should Policy Makers Worry about Asymmetries in the Business Cycle?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Escribano, Álvaro & Mira, Santiago, 1996. "Nonlinear cointegration and nonlinear error correction," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 4546, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung & Nan-Kuang Chen & Chih-Chiang Hsu, 2004. "Structural Break or Asymmetry? An Empirical Study of the Stock Wealth Effect on Consumption," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 690, Econometric Society.
- Coakley, Jerry & Fuertes, Ana-Maria, 2006. "Testing for sign and amplitude asymmetries using threshold autoregressions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 623-654, April.
- Belaire-Franch Jorge & Peiro Amado, 2003. "Conditional and Unconditional Asymmetry in U.S. Macroeconomic Time Series," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, pages 1-19.
- Veli Yilanci, 2012. "Investigating Asymmetries in Macroeconomic Aggregates of Central and Eastern European Economies," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 223-229, February.
- Lee, Cheng-Feng & Hu, Te-Chung & Li, Ping-Cheng & Tsong, Ching-Chuan, 2013.
"Asymmetric behavior of unemployment rates: Evidence from the quantile covariate unit root test,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, pages 72-84.
- SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi & OSHIO Takashi, 2013. "Revisiting the Labor Supply Effect of Social Security Earnings Test: New evidence from its elimination and reinstatement in Japan," Discussion papers 13016, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Zacharias Psaradakis & Martin Sola, 2003. "On detrending and cyclical asymmetry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 271-289.
- Arango, Luis E. & Melo, Luis F., 2006. "Expansions and contractions in Brazil, Colombia and Mexico: A view through nonlinear models," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 501-517.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo, 2001.
"Expansions and Contractions in Some Latin American Countries: A view Throught Non-Linear Models,"
Borradores de Economia
186, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Luis Fernando Melo, 2001. "Expansions and Contractions in Some Latin American Countries: A View Throught Non- Linear Models," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002691, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Popp, Stephan, 2009. "Investigating business cycle asymmetry for the G7 countries: Evidence from over a century of data," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 583-591, October.
- Zacharias Psaradakis & Marián Vávra, 2015.
"A Quantile-based Test for Symmetry of Weakly Dependent Processes,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 587-598, July.
- Marian Vavra, 2013. "Testing for marginal asymmetry of weakly dependent processes," Working and Discussion Papers WP 1/2013, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Almeida, Pedro Cameira de & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2011.
"A assimetria dos ciclos económicos: Evidência internacional usando o teste triples
[The asymmetry of business cycles: International evidence using triples test]," MPRA Paper 35208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Njindan Iyke, Bernard, 2015. "Asymmetries, Structural Breaks, and Nonlinear Persistence: Evidence and Implications for Uncovering the Energy-Growth Nexus in Selected African Countries," MPRA Paper 67163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Belaire-Franch Jorge & Contreras Dulce, 2003. "An Assessment of International Business Cycle Asymmetries using Clements and Krolzig's Parametric Approach," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, pages 1-11.
- Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2011. "Asymmetric inflation dynamics: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 668-680.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:sndecm:v:3:y:1999:i:4:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.