Do Small Depositors Exit From Bad Banks? Evidence From Small Financial Institutions In Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kotaro TSURU, 2003. "Depositors' selection of banks and the deposit insurance system in Japan: Empirical evidence and its policy implications," Discussion papers 03024, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guizani, Brahim, 2010. "Regulation Policy And Credit Crunch: Evidence From Japan," MPRA Paper 46827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 May 2013.
- Imai, Masami & Takarabe, Seitaro, 2011.
"Transmission of liquidity shock to bank credit: Evidence from the deposit insurance reform in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 143-156, June.
- Masami Imai & Seitaro Takarabe, 2009. "Transmission of Liquidity Shock to Bank Credit: Evidence from the Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2009-001, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- HORI Masahiro & ITO Yasuaki & MURATA Keiko, 2005. "Do Depositors Respond to Bank Risks as Expected? Evidence from Japanese Financial Institutions in the Banking Crisis," ESRI Discussion paper series 151, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Jacob Bikker & Dirk Gerritsen & Steffie Schwillens, 2016.
"Competing for savings: how important is creditworthiness during the crisis?,"
DNB Working Papers
493, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- J.A. Bikker & D.F. Gerritsen & Steffie M. Schwillens, 2016. "Competing for savings : how important is creditworthiness during the crisis?," Working Papers 16-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Imai, Masami, 2006.
"Market discipline and deposit insurance reform in Japan,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3433-3452, December.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-007, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Meslier, Céline & Risfandy, Tastaftiyan & Tarazi, Amine, 2017.
"Dual market competition and deposit rate setting in Islamic and conventional banks,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 318-333.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Working Papers hal-01360021, HAL.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Tastaftiyan Risfandy & Amine Tarazi, 2017. "Dual Market Competition and Deposit Rate Setting in Islamic and Conventional Banks," Post-Print hal-01471747, HAL.
- Edgar Tovar-García, 2014. "Market discipline: a review of the Mexican deposit market," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 23(1), pages 1-33, December.
- Arnold, Eva A. & Größl, Ingrid & Koziol, Philipp, 2016.
"Market discipline across bank governance models: Empirical evidence from German depositors,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 126-138.
- Arnold, Eva A. & Größl, Ingrid & Koziol, Philipp, 2015. "Market discipline across bank governance models: Empirical evidence from German depositors," Discussion Papers 13/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Eva A. Arnold & Ingrid Größl & Philipp Koziol, 2015. "Market Discipline Across Bank Governance Models. Empirical Evidence from German Depositors," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201502, University of Hamburg, Department of Socioeconomics.
- Bennett, Rosalind L. & Hwa, Vivian & Kwast, Myron L., 2015. "Market discipline by bank creditors during the 2008–2010 crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 51-69.
- Allen Berger & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2015. "Do Depositors Discipline Banks and Did Government Actions During the Recent Crisis Reduce this Discipline? An International Perspective," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 103-126, October.
- Semenova Maria, 2007. "How depositors discipline banks: the case of Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 07-02e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Tovar-García, Edgar Demetrio, 2016. "Who can better monitor a bank than another bank? Mechanisms of discipline in the Mexican interbank market ||¿Quién mejor que un banco para monitorear otro banco? Mecanismos de disciplina en el mercado," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 21(1), pages 205-229, June.
- Helder Mendonça & Renato Villela Loures, 2009. "Market discipline in the Brazilian banking industry: an analysis for the subordinated debt holders," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 286-307, December.
- Andrievskaya & Semenova, 2015. "Market Discipline in the Interbank Market: Evidence from Russia," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 69-98, March.
- repec:mes:eaeuec:v:53:y:2015:i:2:p:69-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenn Ariga & Fumio Hayashi & Charles Horioka, 2006. "Introduction," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(2), pages 157-160.
- Emmanuelle Nys & Amine Tarazi & Irwan Trinugroho, 2013.
"Political Connections, Bank Deposits, and Formal Deposit Insurance: Evidence from an Emerging Economy,"
- Emmanuelle Nys & Amine Tarazi & Irwan Trinugroho, 2015. "Political Connections, Bank Deposits, and Formal Deposit Insurance: Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Post-Print hal-01134833, HAL.
- Nys, Emmanuelle & Tarazi, Amine & Trinugroho, Irwan, 2015. "Political connections, bank deposits, and formal deposit insurance," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 83-104.
- Maria Semenova & Andrey Shapkin, 2016. "Currency Shifts as a Market Discipline Device: The Case of the Russian Market for Personal Deposits," HSE Working papers WP BRP 57/FE/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Andrievskaya, Irina & Semenova, Maria, 2013. "Market discipline and the Russian interbank market," BOFIT Discussion Papers 29/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Ghassan Omet & Ibrahim Saif & Hadeel Yaseen, 2008. "Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance: Evidence from Some Middle Eastern Banks," Working Papers 391, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Jan 2008.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jecrev:v:57:y:2006:i:2:p:260-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/jeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.