A Spoonful of Sugar: Privatization and Popular Support for Reform in the Czech Republic
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- John S. Earle & Scott Gelbach, 2002. "A Spoonful of Sugar: Privatization and Popular Support for Reform in the Czech Republic," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-79, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John S. Earle & Scott G. Gehlbach, "undated". "A Spoonful of Sugar: Privatization and Popular Support for Reform in the Czech Republic," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20033, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Roland, Gerard, 1995.
"The Design of Reform Packages under Uncertainty,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1207-1223, December.
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Roland, Gérard, 1993. "The Design of Reform Packages Under Uncertainty," CEPR Discussion Papers 860, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Gérard Roland, 1995. "The design of reform packages under uncertainty," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9607, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon, 1999.
"Ownership Concentration and Corporate Performance in the Czech Republic,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 498-513, September.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon, 1999. "Ownership Concentration and Corporate Performance in the Czech Republic," CEPR Discussion Papers 2145, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stijn Claessens & Simeon Djankov, 1999. "Ownership Concentration and Corporate Performance in the Czech Republic," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 227, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cesar Martinelli & Mariano Tommasi, 1993. "Sequencing of Economic Reforms in the Presence of Political Constraints," UCLA Economics Working Papers 701, UCLA Department of Economics.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1991. "Economic Perspectives on Privatization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 111-132, Spring.
- Gerard Roland, 1994.
"The role of political constraints in transition strategies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 2(1), pages 27-41, March.
- Roland, Gérard, 1994. "The Role of Political Constraints in Transition Strategies," CEPR Discussion Papers 943, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Saunders, Peter, 1995. "Privatization, Share Ownership and Voting," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 131-137, January.
- M. Dewatripont & G. Roland, 1992. "Economic Reform and Dynamic Political Constraints," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(4), pages 703-730.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:86:y:1992:i:04:p:857-874_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:02:p:399-411_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harper, Joel T., 2002. "The performance of privatized firms in the Czech Republic," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 621-649, April.
- Evans, Geoffrey & Whitefield, Stephen, 1995. "The Politics and Economics of Democratic Commitment: Support for Democracy in Transition Societies," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 485-514, October.
- Reisinger, William M. & Miller, Arthur H. & Hesli, Vicki L. & Maher, Kristen Hill, 1994. "Political Values in Russia, Ukraine and Lithuania: Sources and Implications for Democracy," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 183-223, April.
- Grigoriev, Serguei E. & Nagaev, Serguei A. & Wörgötter, Andreas, 1994. "Regional Economic Development and Political Attitudes of the Population of Russia: Results for the December 1993 Federal Elections," East European Series 15, Institute for Advanced Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio de, 2003. "The Truth about Privatization in Latin America," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm436, Yale School of Management.
- Alberto E. Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2004.
"Privatization in Mexico,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1538, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2004. "Privatización en México," Research Department Publications 4374, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2004. "Privatization in Mexico," Research Department Publications 4373, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ingrid Nielsen & Chris Nyland & Russell Smyth & Cherrie Jiuhua Zhu, 2005. "Perceptions of Subjective Economic Well-Being and Support for Market Reform among China's Urban Population," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 425-447.
- Rafael Di Tella & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2009. "Happiness, Ideology and Crime in Argentine Cities," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1662, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Doyle, Orla & Fidrmuc, Jan, 2003. "Anatomy of Voting Behaviour and Attitudes During Post-Communist Transition Czech Republic 1990-98," CEPR Discussion Papers 3801, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:15:y:2003:i:1:p:1-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.