Measuring Social Mobility As Unpredictability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:fth:harver:1517 is not listed on IDEAS
- Albrecht, James W & Axell, Bo, 1984.
"An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 824-840, October.
- Albrecht, James W & Axell, Bo, 1983. "An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment," Working Paper Series 99, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Albrecht, James & Axell, Bo, 1983. "An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment," Working Papers 83-10, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1982.
"The Matching Process as a Noncooperative Bargaining Game,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 233-258
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1979. "The Matching Process as a Non-Cooperative/Bargaining Game," Discussion Papers 384, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, June.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1988. "Equilibrium Wage Distrihutions: A Synthesis," Discussion Papers 811, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bester, Helmut, 1994. "Price commitment in search markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 109-120, September.
- Peter Diamond, 1985. "Search Theory," Working papers 389, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Rosen, Åsa, 1994. "Skill or Luck? Search Frictions and Wage Differentials," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 1, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Peter A. Diamond, 1982. "Wage Determination and Efficiency in Search Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 217-227.
- Kevin Lang, 1991. "Persistent Wage Dispersion and Involuntary Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 181-202.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almas Heshmati, 2006. "Continental And Sub-Continental Income Inequality," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 7-52, January.
- Parker, Simon C. & Gardner, Sam, 2002. "International income mobility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 179-187, July.
- Kai-yuen Tsui, 2009. "Measurement of income mobility: a re-examination," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(4), pages 629-645, November.
- John Creedy & Elin Halvorsen & Thor O. Thoresen, 2013.
"Inequality Comparisons In A Multi-Period Framework: The Role Of Alternative Welfare Metrics,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59(2), pages 235-249, June.
- John Creedy & Elin Halvorsen & Thor O. Thoresen, 2011. "Inequality Comparisons in a Multi-Period Framework: The Role of Alternative Welfare Metrics," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1127, The University of Melbourne.
- Creedy, John & Halvorsen, Elin & Thoresen, Thor, 2012. "Inequality Comparisons in a Multi-Period Framework: The Role of Alternative Welfare Metrics," Working Paper Series 2434, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Adolfo Maza & María Hierro & José Villaverde, 2010. "Measuring intra-distribution income dynamics: an application to the European regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(2), pages 313-329, October.
- Danny Ben-Shahar & Eyal Sulganik, 2011. "Vacancy chains and the degree of mobility in the housing market," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(3), pages 569-583, December.
- Kailash Chandra Pradhan & Shrabani Mukherjee & Shrabani Mukherjee, 2015. "The Income Mobility in Rural India: Evidence From ARIS/ REDS Surveys," Working Papers 2015-109, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Danny Ben-Shahar & Eyal Sulganik, 2008. "Partial Ordering of Unpredictable Mobility with Welfare Implications," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(299), pages 592-604, August.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Gaston Yalonetzky, 2016. "An individual-based approach to measurement of multiple-period mobility for nominal and ordinal variables," Working Papers 65, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- C. Ferretti & P. Ganugi, 2013. "A new mobility index for transition matrices," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 22(3), pages 403-425, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:68:y:2001:i:269:p:63-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.